none
Lync 2013 Integration with Spectralink Dect Server 400 Help

Question

• Hi all. Just wanted to see if anyone had any great ideas on this small issue I seem to be having.

Recently we wanted to add a cordless phone solution to our Lync 2013 environment. We purchased and setup the Spectralink IP-Dect 400 server with a 7720 handset. I have a Lync 2013 enterprise enabled user with a DID number already set aside for this device. I was successfully able to add this user to the cordless phone and the phone shows that is is registered and subscribed to the base station. 

The issue is when I try to make/receive calls on this handset. If I call another Lync enabled user the call will connect for about 3-5 seconds and then fail. The same result will happen if I call the handset from a Lync extension. The handset will answer the call and it will fail after 3-5 seconds. The odd thing is I can make calls out into the PSTN world with the handset no problem, and calls coming from outside of our environment directly to the handset via DID will connect and stay connected just fine. The disconnecting of calls after 3-5 seconds seems to only happen when calling anyone of our Lync enabled users extension. 

I have tried tracing the calls with the Lync logging tool and using snooper to diagnose. The only error that I run across in that call stream is a  "SIP /2.0 487 REQUEST TERMINATED" and the ms-client-diagnostics  is "52092, The call was cancelled by the caller before the remote party answered".

Does anyone have any experience getting this to work or have any suggestions on where to troubleshoot next? Any insight would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:59 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the response. That did not resolve the issue but I was able to figure out the problem and get it fixed.

Our Internal network is on a /16 subnet. So everything gets the mask 255.255.0.0. When I setup the spectralink server I accidentally gave it a /24 subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 when statically assigning the IP address. Since they both are on the same physical network, they were of course able to communicate to an extent. Once I configured the Spectralink server with the correct subnet mask, then calls would establish and stay connected. 

Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

487 event often means interworking issue, mostly timeout means the request cannot be transmitted to the gateway in a valid time.

Please check the "Enable outbound routing failover timer” Setting on the Lync Server 2013 Trunk. The setting is enabled by default. Please disable it and test again.

More details:

http://blog.insidelync.com/2013/04/sip-trunking-101-with-lync-server-2013/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Please also check if the PBX supported for Lync with the help of the link below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lync/gg131938.aspx

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:51 AM
  • Thanks for the response. That did not resolve the issue but I was able to figure out the problem and get it fixed.

Our Internal network is on a /16 subnet. So everything gets the mask 255.255.0.0. When I setup the spectralink server I accidentally gave it a /24 subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 when statically assigning the IP address. Since they both are on the same physical network, they were of course able to communicate to an extent. Once I configured the Spectralink server with the correct subnet mask, then calls would establish and stay connected. 

Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:03 PM