none
Lync server call failed due to network issues

Question

• hi,

i receive an error while making a lync call to an internal user

"call failed due to network issues"

i have two ip's installed on My NIC but when i remove one ip of the ip's from

my nic, everything seems to work fine.

Kindly help

Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:13 PM

Answers

• To make your system work you need a Lync Edge server between the WAN and your Lync FE Server.

Connecting Lync client from Public IP/WAN to Lync Server will require the addition of an Edge server into your Lync topology. This will fix the issues you are having.

Here is outline of what is involved in configuring an edge server:
    http://ocsguy.com/2010/11/21/deploying-an-edge-server-with-lync/

+If this post answered your question, Mark this post As Answer +If this post was helpful, take the time to say so.
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 9:38 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Few questions here ,

1. Are both users are part of same VLAN ?

2. Does other user get the ring or it gets disconnected immediatly ?

Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:17 PM
  •  yes user get the ring first and then its gets disconnected immidiatly after it gets connected quoting call failed due to network issue.yes both users are part of same subnet, but server is not the part of the subnet from where users are getting connected.m also facing an issue that some users presence is shown as "presence unknown" when they are online. Please help !!

Saturday, October 01, 2011 7:06 PM
  • Hello,

Are the users remote from the Lync Front End server? Or are they on the same LAN just on a different subnet?
    Do users on the same subnet work correctly?
    "My NIC" in first post, is this Lync client or Lync FE Server?

Maybe you should give an outline of how your network infrastructure is setup.

Sounds like improper network routing or Lync Edge configuration to me. (with limited understanding of your setup)

If this post answered your question, Mark this post As Answer http://windowspbx.blogspot.com
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 7:09 PM
  • MY NIC is my lync client

1. I have no Edge server implemented. i am using standart edition of lync

2. i have two NIC on front end server one with public ip one with private ip

3. clients connect to public ip interface on front end server and might not be part of my AD domain.

when two of my users on same public subnet connects it works fine and when i add an additional ip on the nic of clients IM works fine but

A/V give network error. Although my communicator 2007 with same kind of configuration works aboslutly fine.

I am currently in staging envoirnment for lync server co-existing with communicator 2007.

suggest how can i make my network setup adjustable to lync or may be lync adjustable to network

i dont have much scope to change my network settings cause my different office locations.

clients connect throught public ip's which are internal to AD.

Clients are configured with public ip on there nic, i have all ports open to these public ip's on clients

Saturday, October 01, 2011 9:27 PM
  • To make your system work you need a Lync Edge server between the WAN and your Lync FE Server.

Connecting Lync client from Public IP/WAN to Lync Server will require the addition of an Edge server into your Lync topology. This will fix the issues you are having.

Here is outline of what is involved in configuring an edge server:
    http://ocsguy.com/2010/11/21/deploying-an-edge-server-with-lync/

+If this post answered your question, Mark this post As Answer +If this post was helpful, take the time to say so.
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 9:38 PM
  • hi,

you say when you add an "additional IP to the interface", What is this IP? is it from a different subnet?

If it's a different Subnet,

1. do you have routing enabled between those 2 IP Subnets?

what i see is that the secondary IP that you add to the NIC does not have routing to the subnet that LYNC server installed in.

If it has routing then defensively no UDP/RTP flow between subnets.

Thamara

Monday, October 03, 2011 5:48 PM
  • inspite of configuring an edge pool the problem is same.

while connecting the AV it gives error call failed due to network issues, when i have two ip

address configured on the one NIC, mean any ip address from any subnet on the nic. with single ip address

it works fine.

i configured edge to use port 443 for AV but still the same issues.

with dual ip on the client network cards AV does not work not even desktop sharing.

Monday, October 10, 2011 10:27 AM
  • Hello Matt,

Hope you keeping well..!!

We are communicating with external customers lync server through federation option setup on our corporate lync server.  We have received the federation setting from the customer with SIP address which has been setup on our corporate lync servers after that we were able to browse the customer contact through corporate lync account.

We were also able to chat with external customer but however voice/video functionality are not working through same session.  Whenever we try to dial out external customer lync account it ended with error message "call ended due to network issue".

We have checked the setting from corporate lync servers and network point of view but doesn't find any issue which cause the disconnection to voice/video over lync.  Could you pl help or guide with the way.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:32 AM