none
Response Group to transfer automatically

Question

• Hi,

I'm configuring a Lync Server 2010. I have a task to do and is that for example when you call to the company there's an automatically answered call by Lync Server 2010. My task is that when a customer call to our company and he/she doesn't press any key or just stay without doing nothing it is fordwarded to someone we specify, for example reception.

I want to know if this is possible because I have researched and I haven't found anything that confirm that this is possible. And if this is not possible with Lync Server 2010 if you please can provide me a way or ideas on how to do this.

Thanks...

Richard Sabino

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:49 PM

Answers

• HI,

i don't think thi can ge doable using RGS. in RGS you can use a Queue time out but, a inbound caller have to go to a queue by pressing a digit for that to work. you need to have UM Auto Attendant deployed to have above discribed feature. It'll work.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Friday, March 16, 2012 2:06 AM

All replies

• HI,

i don't think thi can ge doable using RGS. in RGS you can use a Queue time out but, a inbound caller have to go to a queue by pressing a digit for that to work. you need to have UM Auto Attendant deployed to have above discribed feature. It'll work.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Friday, March 16, 2012 2:06 AM
  • Hi Thamara,

can you explainme or give me some links on where I can learn to do this?

Thanks...

Richard Sabino

Friday, March 16, 2012 2:25 AM
  • Hi Richard,

You can set the action to be taken if the timeout threshold is reached using the New-CsRgsCallAction cmdlet.

And please also refer to this post. Hope helps.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:06 AM
  • Please follow the below URL. I assume that you already have Exchange Server 2010 deployed in the same domain as Lync Server.

http://microsoftguru.com.au/2010/09/19/how-to-configure-exchange-2010-unified-messaging-server-step-by-step/

Friday, March 16, 2012 11:31 AM
  • Hi Thamara,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I have both in the same domain.

I will check the link and I will follow the steps and I will let you know how I was.

Thanks again...

Richard Sabino

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:34 PM
  • Hi,

After I create the Auto Attendant what I should do to create for example if someone calls to my number and doesn't press any key, how I automatically fordward this type of calls to someone or some other number for example the recepcionist?

The thing is that I have everything working right now. The only thing I need to do is to autoforward the calls in case the user doesn't press any key.

I have both Exchange Server 2010 with UM active and Lync Server 2010 deployed with exchange server. Both work perfectly but I need this feature to work.

Is this possible?

Thanks...

Richard Sabino

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:39 PM
  • there's no special configuration for that. If the AA is voice enabled, it'll ask 3 times to enter a digit or say the name. if id did not get any responce, it'll send the call to the operator (the number you configured as an operator in AA config). that number of faiure attempts can be changed in AA configuration.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:00 AM