none
Setting up SIP from mediation server to CUCM 8.5

Question

• We are currently using 2 Dialogic mediation gateways for conferencing on the old OCS setup.  Just went to Lync last week and want to use Lync mediation server.  I enable the mediation server role collocated on the Lync frontend and configured the PSTN to point to the CUCM. On the CUCM i reconfigured the trunk used for OCS to point back to the Lync frontend. After the change I can't dialin to the conference bridge.  SIP is configured on both end to listen on TCP/5060.  Thanks in advance for your help. 
    Friday, November 16, 2012 8:13 PM

Answers

• Lync mediation server does not use port 5060 by default it uses 5068. Did you configure this in Lync or assume that it was the same? Also, make sure the gateway configuration is correct in the topology.
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:11 PM
  • Hi,

Please make sure the gateway listen port is TCP/5060 in the lync server topology Builder. If still can not work, Please run Lync server logging tool on the Lync mediation server and get more logs about this issue.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:09 AM

All replies

• Lync mediation server does not use port 5060 by default it uses 5068. Did you configure this in Lync or assume that it was the same? Also, make sure the gateway configuration is correct in the topology.
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:11 PM
  • Hi,

Please make sure the gateway listen port is TCP/5060 in the lync server topology Builder. If still can not work, Please run Lync server logging tool on the Lync mediation server and get more logs about this issue.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:09 AM