none
downloading CA Certificate - error 404 - File or directory not found

Question

• We have installed the CA on the Lync Frontend Server, the FQDN for this server is pgclync.mydomain.local

now to download the CA Certificate, i go to https://pgclync.mydomain.local/certsrv

i get the following error:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please help me correct this error.

Thank You in advance.

philip

Sunday, November 13, 2011 1:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Philip,

Run the cmd certmgr.msc. And you’ll find the personal certificates there. Of course, you’ll not able to sign in, if you delete it.

For Issued Certificates, you can find them under Server Manager\Roles\ADCS\xx-xx-CA.

• Marked as answer by psunmat Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:25 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

do not install the CA on Lync FE server. Remove it and have it in the DC instead. CA use port 80 and 443 for web services. so does the Lync Server. Lync deployment might have aquired the ports and shut down the CA site from IIS.

Thamara.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 1:35 PM
  •  

As Thamara says, running a cert authority on a Lync Front End Server is not supported, installing it on a DC, or another separate server is the way to go.

thanks

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe for updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 1:52 PM
  • Thanks Thamara & Tom,

Now, please tell me how do I remove all the issued certificates? will removing the existing certificates cause any sign-in issues.

please advise.

Thank You in advance.

philip

Monday, November 14, 2011 5:11 AM
  • remove the CA role from the Server. Re boot it. add the CA role in DC and run the certificate assignment wizzard in deployment tool in Lync Server. create new certificates from new CA and assign.

Thamara.

Monday, November 14, 2011 5:16 AM
  • Hi Philip,

Run the cmd certmgr.msc. And you’ll find the personal certificates there. Of course, you’ll not able to sign in, if you delete it.

For Issued Certificates, you can find them under Server Manager\Roles\ADCS\xx-xx-CA.

• Marked as answer by psunmat Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:25 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:47 AM