none
The LYNC Monitoring Server Dashboard - Is it Supposed To Be Locked Out - Disallow Users to Add (Custom Report) Report Links to it?

Question

• Is The LYNC Monitoring Server Dashboard (the dashboard in SSRS that LYNC Server Uses) supposed to be non-editable? I'm trying to simply duplicate an existing report that needs a change (a change that unfortunately requires changing the SP it uses for its data set and since we don't change stock items we were looking at creating a duplicate SP (by a different name) and assigning a copy of the Report to use this custom SP so that we can get the report to work like we want without modifying anything stock except for the Dashboard which I cannot figure out how to edit to add a report link.

Is the LYNC Monitoring Server Dashboard supposed to be locked so users can not edit or add to it?

BTW - It is the User Activity report that is the problem. It uses an SP that restricts its data set to the first 1000 rows and so when its run by default you get the oldest first 1000 calls in the time period requested and we'd like to see the newest calls. Because the 1000 row limit is in the SP there's no SSRS Filtering/editing/sorting that can be done to fix the problem.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:38 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, this is not an answer to your question. However, perhaps you could help me.

I'm trying to do what it seems like you've already done. You are on the second step, while I'm stuck back at the first. I'm trying to modify the user activity report but I can't figure out where the definition is stored or what to modify it in.

Any help is appreciated. If I figure out how to do what you want to do, I won't hesitate to let you know.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:39 PM
  • Well its been 3 months and not one answer, not even an attempt so either I asekd a really dumb question or a really dificult one.  AT this point I'm going to assume that the LYNC Monitoring Server Dashboard is uneditable.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:44 PM