none
Web Scheduler has been released for Lync 2010

All replies

• When I install this on our Enterprise Pool server (2), we are able to log into the site, but no content is provided.  We see only the title "Lync Web Scheduler" and Sign Out.

It is also installed in our lab which is a stand alone Enterprise Pool server, and we do not encounter this issue.

Thanks

Monday, April 18, 2011 4:26 PM
  • I hope you are using https://pool url/scheduler for accessing? If yes wait for some time at page where you are seeing  "Lync Web Scheduler" and Sign Out  after some time you will get option for schedule and see your meetings. 1st time it takes time to get compiled.

Do let me know if you are still seeing the issue?

Thanks, Rohit Raj
    Monday, April 18, 2011 4:31 PM
  • We've found that if we go to https://poolname/scheduler, the login just hangs.  If we go to our dialinpage /scheduler we are able to authenticate and this is where it returns the blank page.  We are still unable to get the scheduler to display the scheduling options.

Thanks,

Monday, April 18, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Hi,

if we go to https://poolname/scheduler, the login just hangs? Hang do you mean its showing  ""Lync Web Scheduler" and Sign Out" page OR you are stuck at login page itself?

In EE deployment have you deployed on all FE's and director?

The issue which you are mentioning, i was facing when i was using the https://FQDN of FE/scheduler but when i went using https://pool fqdn/scheduler its working fine.

Thanks, Rohit Raj

From web scheduler document:

Accessing Lync Web Scheduler

Depending on the location, navigate your browser to https://<internal pool FQDN>/scheduler or https://<external pool FQDN>/scheduler. In these URLs, the internal and external pool FQDN refer to configuration settings provided when you installed the Standard Edition server or Enterprise Edition Pool.

Monday, April 18, 2011 5:01 PM
  • Just came back from a meeting and it appears to be working.  Is there some sort of replication involved?

Another issue we are seeing, after setting up the SMTP to relay through our Exchange Edge Servers (no authentication required)  we received an error:

New Meeting has been created.
          A meeting request has been sent to participants.
          Email notification could not be sent.

Copy the meeting details to the invitation you send to participants.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

Monday, April 18, 2011 6:33 PM
  • For email invitation there are two option provided:

Option 1

1. Create one user on mail server say noreply@domain.com or meetinginvite@domain.com and to this user give send on behalf of permission for all those user who will be creating meeting.

2. When configuring SMTP for email specify credential of user which has been created in step 1 above.

3. Now create meeting and choose option craet and send mail.

4. mail will be sent to user who has been selected as attendee/presenter while creating meeting.

Option 2 After craeting meeting you can select option export as iCalender and using any mail client you can send invite to participant.

Do let me know if you are still facing any issue?

Thanks, Rohit Raj
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:10 AM
  • What format should the Invitations and Audio section be in? If we put in user@email.com we cant save the meeting "The meeting invitation could not be saved. Please try again". It does this even if we uncheck "Send Meeting Updates to Participants". If I clear the email address it saves. Also when we click the 'check' beside Check Names it always says "One or more names in the list can’t be resolved uniquely. Please check the names once again. Names should be separated by a semicolon." no matter what format we try (domain\user, user@emailaddress.com, user@upn). What format should this be in? Note our Lync farm is in one domain and the user accounts are in another. is this why it cant resolve/check names?

Friday, April 22, 2011 2:55 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Lync Web scheduler resolves name from current Domain where it is installed. You can just provide the user name i.e user1;user2 and after clicking Check name button it will resolve it if its from same domain and it will show you the email id i.e. user1@domain.com; user2@domain.com. In your scenario since users are from different domain so its not able to fetch the details. How to deal with this scenario:

1. For the user who are in same domain you can use integrated send meeting request functionality.

2. For others you can save iCalander or copy meeting details and send invites using mail client.

Thanks,

Rohit Raj 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 22, 2011 5:25 AM
  • will this behavior change? All of our users are in another domain so basically the web scheduler is nothing but an iCalendar export agent for us as none of the users can be resolved or emailed. Seems odd that it only works for local domian users. I would assume most organizations have their Lync/Exchange in a resource domain and their user accounts in another.
    Friday, April 22, 2011 3:11 PM
  • actually even adding a user in the same domain doesnt work. it still says 'name cannot be uniquely resolved' no matter what format i put it in
    Friday, April 22, 2011 3:15 PM
  • Hi Tony,

It looks some issue with deployment. Can you provide details about your deployment? I mean Domain/mail server/internal or external scenario etc.

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 22, 2011 3:22 PM
  • if 99.99% of our user accounts are in another domain and iCalender export is our only option, the tool is of no use for us. I wouldnt spend any more time trying to troubleshoot why we cant resolve names in a domain with no users.
    Friday, April 22, 2011 11:31 PM
  • The top most reason for bringing web scheduler was to provide a way to schedule meeting to those users who don't have outlook at all. Mailing and other features are just to provide ease for sending invitation. Otherwise using iCal you can do all trackings which is provided with outlook. As mentioned by you your users account are in different domain i will explore the way to solve this issue and  i will get back to you.

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Saturday, April 23, 2011 5:42 AM
  • Thanks. The Web Scheduler is exactly what we need for our Mac user base but they should be able to schedule and email from the web page for it to be of use, otherwise its just confusing (the iCalendar scenario). Please let me know if the mulit-domain issue is resolved.
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:23 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Thanks for feedback. If i am understanding correctly then your scenario is you have two domain Domain1 and Domain2. In Domain1 Lync server is installed. In Domain2 all users accounts exist. Can you explain relationship between Domain1 and Domain2? Do let me know if i understood it correctly?

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:43 AM
  • I am having the same issue, I can't resolve users in either sip address, user@domain or domain\user.

We use split DNS so we are @company.local internally and @company.co.za externally.

All SIP addresses are set to use @company.co.za as is our email addresses.

Any clues as to where I can look server side for errors or something?

Regards

Gerhard Wessels Bytes Connect MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:59 AM
  • Hi Gerhard,

Yesterday i saw one instance where when i entered username it took long time to resolve around 1 minutes. You just need to enter userName (from userName@domain.com) if its unique.

Next time onward it was quick to resolve. Just try with one name and try to resolve and do let me know if it workes.

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:18 AM
  • no luck, I used my own username "gwessels" uniqiue and all.

One or more names in the list can’t be resolved uniquely. Please check the names
    once again. Names should be separated by a semicolon.

Error still remains...

I tried with some other accounts aswell, such as my admin account ( lync enabled ) etc...

I must note I only restarted IIS since I loaded the client, is there perhaps another service I may want to restart?

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:23 AM
  • Hi Gerhard,

To answer your problem the mail ID which you are typing in web scheduler , Can you type same in "Find a contact or dial a number" box in Lync and see what return you are getting? If you are getting only one name then web scheduler should also work and if you are getting more than one then web scheduler will fail.

Note: If you are providing full email of then it dont need to be resolved and it should work fine if your email server is able to send mail on that email ID.

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:13 PM
  • Hi Tony,

As mentioned above for your case also if you are providing any email id which is outside of your domain then web scheduler should be able to send mail given that SMTP integration is configured correctly and your server is able to send mail to specified mail.But if you are not providing full mail id then scheduler need to resolve the name to mail ID which is currently failing in your case.

Thanks,
    Rohit Raj

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:21 PM
  • I installed the web scheduler a few days ago and have not been able to save a meeting. I have not even attempted the SMTP integration since I cannot get the basic meeting creaation to be saved.

In my scenario I enter a Subject, I use the default Location value, I enter a Message, I use the default start and end time value, I use the default Access and Presnter values, I do not enter any email addresses, then I deselect the check box next to "Send meeting invitation to participants". When I select "Save" the following message is displayed.

"The meeting information could not be saved. Please try again."

This same message is displayed when I access the Lync Web Scheduler from the internal or external url.

Henry

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:47 PM
  • Hi Henry,

If there is no SMTP configured done then there should not be option "Send meeting invitation to participants" box at all and it should have save and cancel button only. Please refer below image:

similar image you can see @ http://blog.exchangegeek.com/2011/04/lync-web-scheduler.html also. If you are seeing any different options then can you verify is there is some issue with deployment?

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:37 PM
  • Yes. Single forest. Domain 1 = resource domain (Exchange servers, Lync servers, etc). Domain 2 = user accounts, computer accounts.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:27 PM
  • I have tried using the full email address of my own account and it cant resolve it. I have tried external email addresses as well. No email account resolves, nothing gets emailed, and nothing gets saved.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:28 PM
  • Hi Gerhard,

To answer your problem the mail ID which you are typing in web scheduler , Can you type same in "Find a contact or dial a number" box in Lync and see what return you are getting? If you are getting only one name then web scheduler should also work and if you are getting more than one then web scheduler will fail.

Note: If you are providing full email of then it dont need to be resolved and it should work fine if your email server is able to send mail on that email ID.

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Hello Raj.

I haven't touch anything whilst waiting for updates on the forum post.

As luck would have it today it works.

Perhaps the web scheduler is like the cilent and doesn't download the address book immediately but rather randomly within the first day or so... :-)

Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:33 AM
  • Hi Gerhard,

There is no address book download loginc in web scheduler. But its nice to hear its now working for you.

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Hi Tony,

How you are configuring IIS SMTP setting? I hope its exactly done in the way as mentioned in the Web Scheduler Read Me.doc. In set credential box of IIS SMTP configuration you are providing email address in name@domain.com format? You are doing SMTP setting for both internal and external sites?

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:00 PM
  • yes - I have followed the documenetation exactly and have configured using name@domain.com for both internal and external sites.
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 10:21 AM
  • For email invitation there are two option provided:

Option 1

1. Create one user on mail server say noreply@domain.com or meetinginvite@domain.com and to this user give send on behalf of permission for all those user who will be creating meeting.

2. When configuring SMTP for email specify credential of user which has been created in step 1 above.

3. Now create meeting and choose option craet and send mail.

4. mail will be sent to user who has been selected as attendee/presenter while creating meeting.

Thanks, Rohit Raj

Even after attempting to apply the fix above I am still unable to send email notifications.  I attempted to route the messages through both our Exchange Edge Servers and our Exchange Hubs.  It appears that the error may be happening even before it reaches the mail server.

Is there any logging I can turn on, turn up, or look for to help in debugging this issue?

Thanks,

yergg

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 3:33 PM
  • The top most reason for bringing web scheduler was to provide a way to schedule meeting to those users who don't have outlook at all.

This is in our case.  The Domain that Lync is in has only Lync, AD, and users.  No Computer nor Mailboxes of any sorts.  We are attempting to use the IIS server to relay through our production domain.  Given the requirement to send on behalf of, would this actually work?  I am thinking that it is trying to send on behalf of my account that does not have an Outlook Mailbox.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 4:00 PM
  • Hi Yergg,

Reskit solution doesn't support logging.

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 4:32 PM
  • Hi,

If there is no exchange in that case you can always save iCalander and send it using any mail client like yahoo/hotmail etc.

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 4:34 PM
  • I am having the same problems.  No matter what I enter into the invitee box, it won't resolve.  I've tried username, username@upn, domain\username, upn\username, email address.  I have installed and configured the utility per the Read Me document.  This is running on a FE pool of 2 Enterprise Edition servers.  No matter what I enter, I receive this error:

One or more names in the list can’t be resolved uniquely. Please check the names once again. Names should be separated by a semicolon.

If I try to create the meeting anyway, I get this error:

The meeting information could not be saved. Please try again.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 5:59 PM
  • OK, a little more information, and some progress.

I had initially only tried this against the external IIS site.  I just tried it against the internal, and it worked fine.  Our internal is not load balanced, but otherwise they should be identical.  I will try hard coding our external URL to a single server in our TMG array and try again.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:24 PM
  • Any luck Ed?  i am still getting this issue as well.

DURP
    Friday, May 06, 2011 2:24 PM
  • Sorry not yet.  I'm on hold for any maintenance until next week.  Then I'll try to isolate the problem down to the load balancing, or not.
    Friday, May 06, 2011 2:25 PM
  • Ok...  I am in the process of creating a new generic account and assinging send behalf of for some useres to try and get the vefifiecation of users working.

thanks

DURP
    Friday, May 06, 2011 3:04 PM
  • Hi Ed,

Have you installed web scheduler on all the machines where ocs web service exists? the requirement for web scheduler is it should be installed in all the machine where web service exist.

Thanks,

Rohit Raj

Friday, May 06, 2011 5:50 PM
  • Yes, all of my front end role servers have the component installed, and configured identically.
    Friday, May 06, 2011 8:57 PM
  • Ed, have you been able to find a solution to this? I have seen many forums with people having the same exact issue, however no one has seemed to find a solution to get it to work. I have the same issue as you, however I am not using an load balancing and only have 1 front end server in my Enterprise Edition pool.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 9:43 PM
  • Sorry, I pretty much abandoned the web scheduler.  Its buggy and doesn't have the features my users need, namely recurring meetings.  If I take it back on I'll post details.
    Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:30 PM
  • Ed & Rohit,

I too am having the same issue as Ed but it does not matter if I am accessing the web interface from inside or outside. If I have a recipient listed and the checkbox selected to send the e-mail it fails. If I remove the recipient and uncheck the checkbox to send the e-mail it schedules just fine. Here are the error windows I get when the checkbox is selected and a recipient is listed:

I have done wireshark traces on both the front-end, director, Exchange Hub Transport and the AD servers. I think the problem has to do with the LDAP lookup against AD. I have followed the setup guide to the letter. I have even created a user account with "Send As" permissions down our entire AD and set it up just like a BES account making it a member of the "View-Only Organization Management" group and giving it access to all my Exchange databases! I have also added the IP address of the Front-End and Director servers to the correct SMTP connector in the Exchange environment. NOTHING WORKS!

What should happen is if the web scheduler cannot do an LDAP lookup or cannot find or resolve the SMTP address it should just drop the e-mail onto the SMTP server and allow it to try and deliver it. How will this work if you are including an e-mail address in the invitation to an address that is outside your organization? The LDAP lookup will never find the e-mail address and abjectly fail!

Microsoft and the developers need to create a better, more detailed installation guide and think through how end-users will want to use this, not how administrators/developers envision that it will be used.

Will Smothers

Thursday, February 09, 2012 5:08 PM
  • Ed & Rohit,

I too am having the same issue as Ed but it does not matter if I am accessing the web interface from inside or outside. If I have a recipient listed and the checkbox selected to send the e-mail it fails. If I remove the recipient and uncheck the checkbox to send the e-mail it schedules just fine. Here are the error windows I get when the checkbox is selected and a recipient is listed:

I have done wireshark traces on both the front-end, director, Exchange Hub Transport and the AD servers. I think the problem has to do with the LDAP lookup against AD. I have followed the setup guide to the letter. I have even created a user account with "Send As" permissions down our entire AD and set it up just like a BES account making it a member of the "View-Only Organization Management" group and giving it access to all my Exchange databases! I have also added the IP address of the Front-End and Director servers to the correct SMTP connector in the Exchange environment. NOTHING WORKS!

What should happen is if the web scheduler cannot do an LDAP lookup or cannot find or resolve the SMTP address it should just drop the e-mail onto the SMTP server and allow it to try and deliver it. How will this work if you are including an e-mail address in the invitation to an address that is outside your organization? The LDAP lookup will never find the e-mail address and abjectly fail!

Microsoft and the developers need to create a better, more detailed installation guide and think through how end-users will want to use this, not how administrators/developers envision that it will be used.

Will Smothers

Well said sir, its very frustrating. We're trying to get this to work for our remote employees who want to use their own personal machine and it's just not working. We've gone through the install step by step, top to bottom. We've done wireshark, everything is as it should and yet we are still having issues.  I think we're just beta testing this for M$. Why would M$ put out collaboration software that doesn't include a web based version? Makes no sense at all.
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:19 PM
  • Wondering the people are discussing on the issue almost an year now and still know solution for this ?

I too have the same issue unable to check name on the external web and unable to save the meeting message. if i dont have mail ids provided then i can save the meeting. Only issue is the LAD discovery for user validation.

Let me know if some one find a solution ?

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:05 AM