none
Federation with GoogleTalk does not work (OCS 2007 R2)

Question

• Hi,

I have an OCS 2007 R2 Environment with  Access Edge Server & XMPP Gateway Server Roles present. In the recent i had deployed a XMPP Gateway Server to set up federation with Google Talk, At this point i had followed the documentations available on Technet site and other blogs that guide the way of deploying XMPP Gateway Server and Configured the same on. 

After Configuration was complete, i had ensured the XMPP Gateway Services is up and running fine. However when i enable gmail.com on the Access Edge Server to start communication i dont see this functionality appearing as it should.
    Tried the following:
    1. Telnet xmpp.company.com on 5269 – This is working as expected from external host.
    2. Telnet access edge FQDN on 5061 from XMPP Gateway – This is working as expected.
    3. Checking the connections from Access Edge & XMPP Gateway Server:
    on XMPP Gateway Server
    C:\Windows>netstat -ano | findstr 5269
    TCP 149.38.74.7:5269 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 4868
    TCP 149.38.74.7:5269 117.192.245.152:3088 ESTABLISHED 4868
    on Access Edge Server
    TCP 10.138.7.230:55354 10.134.212.120:5061 SYN_SENT 13424
    These are the connection properties that i can find on XMPP Gateway & Access Edge Server. Can you please guide me how do i get the Presence & IM Communications get up working with Gmail.

Regards Sandeep Swarup S
    Saturday, February 04, 2012 8:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Sandeep,

You can use the following tools to
    troubleshoot any issues you encounter:

• Event Viewer logs. You can
      trace issues such as XMPP Gateway is unable to start by looking at the Windows
      Event Viewer on the computer that is running XMPP Gateway to view XMPP Gateway
      events.
    • Event Tracing for Windows
      (ETW). For more in-depth analysis of issues with XMPP Gateway, ETW is available
      on the computer running XMPP Gateway. To use ETW, run OcsLogger.exe, which is
      located in the <System Drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office
      Communications Server 2007 R2\XMPP Gateway\Tracing folder. By selecting the
      appropriate check boxes, you can capture S4 and XMPP Gateway logs.

And please also update your XMPP Gateway
    according to KB2404570. Hope helps.

Noya Liu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:34 AM
  • The problem that i had been experiencing is the connection is starting but not completed, because it is going from the front-end of the OCS server to the back-end of the XMPP gateway. On the network routing i can observe this happening all the time.

I have requested my Networking team to check the configuration and do necessary modifications in order to further troubleshoot the problem. I would post my updates here...

Thanks for your response to this issue. I had been waiting on the replies for this problem.

Regards Sandeep Swarup S

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 10:49 AM
  • Hi Sandeep,

Any update? Have you fixed this issue?

Noya Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 10, 2012 5:29 AM
  • Hi Noya,

My OCS Infrastructure is located in a split DNS. The external DNS was able look for the Gateway Server and as there has been no records available in the internal DNS. The response from access edge server was not getting through the gateway server. I have got those SRV records available on our internal DNS. 

I am further more going ahead with the testing with the set up. Will let you know about the progress. Thanks :)

Regards Sandeep Swarup S

Friday, February 10, 2012 8:55 AM