none
Lync app disappears from notification centre

All replies

• This is normal behaviour if there are no current notifications requiring attention in the Lync 2010 iPhone client.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @justimorris
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

• Marked as answer by simonbj1234 Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:54 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by simonbj1234 Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:54 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:23 PM
  • Hi

I was under the impression that for Lync were someone to use communicator to contact me Lync needs to be in notification centre and configured as on so that were the phone locked or I was in another app I would get a pop up.

This is what happens with email etc. With testing, when Lync is in notification centre I get a pop up, when not if I go into Lync I will see Missed conversations and not see a pop up. This is how our previous version (iDialog) worked with OCS. If you activley had the app open on screen, you would see a new message. if the screen was locked, you were playing Angry Birds, you would not know soemone was contacting you.

Have I misunderstood soemthing here?

Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Ok I understand you more clearly now. Lync 2010 is in the Notification Centre in Settings on my iPhone and it is set to On. If it's not listed here and set to On, you won't get any push notifications for new IMs etc.

It should display here by default, but if you're not seeing it here, try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @justimorris
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:33 PM
  • I tried that and it didn't work. Currently active in Lync if I open the app but Lync does not appear in notification centre. At some point it will come back. I can only assume a bug and hopefully MS may have seen this elsewhere and therefore fix this but not sure how widespread
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:15 PM
  • Hi,Simonbi1234,

Did you install any protection application on you iphone?

Would you please try to removing the Lync client for iPhone and restart your iPhone then reinstall it again?   

Would you please try to run Lync app on safe mode to see if Lync app appears?

If still no luck please try the following,I haven't tested it,but it's worth for a try since I have seen some others fix similar issue for other Apps in iOS5.

Open AppStore from your iPhone/iPad
     Install Lync app 
     In the process it asks for your AppleID, enter it.

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:07 AM
  • We have this same problem two iPhones 4's - one with 5.0.1 jailbroken - one without same issue - reinstall lync any which ways does not matter will not come in the notification options under settings.

im calling bug.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:05 AM
  • Sorry, other things came along and this was pushed back in importance. I found that if you loaded the app. Powered off the iPhone. Powered it back on, loaded the app, it would then appear in Notiifcaion Centre and work. Any Lync messages would then appear as a popup using the notification centre.

Now I have updated the app to the latest version (4.2.6609.000) which is the recent one on IOS v5.1.1 (there is no protection loaded).

The app now never appears in Notificaion Centre regardless of loading it/powering off etc as worked before. Therefore unless active I do not see anything now.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:53 AM
  • I have realised that when I reinstall the app (having deleted it first) I am not prompted with 'Lync would like to push you notifications' and hence i guess it will not appear in the notification center (even if it does drop out now and again).

What is required to make the app pop up and ask me this?

------------------------------------

This can be closed now. I have just had the 4.2.6613.0000 update and if I now go through the load, power off, power on, load it now appears in notification centre. Not perfect but it works.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:32 PM