none
When Help in the Lync client is changed to a internal site the Online meeting invite "first online meeting" is also linking to this internal site.

Question

• I have changed the F1 help in the Lync client to point to a internal site by using the CustomizedHelpUr. But now the url for "First online meeting?" in the bottom of Lync Online meeting invites is pointing to the same internal page. This is not good when we inviters external users as they don't have access to it.

I know I can solve this by hosting the help at a external site but I don't like to do that.

Is there a way where I can get it back to the default URL?

and what is the default URL?

or should I add extra test in the bottom pointing external users to the default page as described here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398638.aspx

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you just have menu on the lync client to get help and training, You can add the another help menu on the lync client.

Run the following registry file on the client PC. You use Group policy to run it on all client PC on your domain.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator]
    "HelpMenuText"="sean Site Help and Training"
    "HelpMenuURL"="http://lyncpooll.sean.com/help/index.htm"

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, February 24, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Hi,

You can not overwrite it and can not add a hyperlink. But you can add another text like the following shown.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:04 AM

All replies

• Is the user group for external users clearly defined? You could assign them a different client policy that does not specify this CustomizedHelpURL attribute. In this case they will use the default public help.

If this is not possible, you can set up a public site for your customized URL so the URL is also valid for the external users, and automatically forward every request to the default Lync help hosted on Microsoft servers. 

Certified IT Professional Lync Server 2010 / Exchange 2007 - http://www.uwictpartner.be
    If you think my post is the answer to your question, please mark it as answer so future visitors can easily find it.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

I find that if you change the Lync client help URL, the "First online meeting?" in outlook also will be changed to the same URL with Lync client help.

There is way can get it back to the default URL, but the Lync client help also will be got back to the default URL.

Set-CsClientPolicy -Identity <You created before> -EnableEnterpriseCustomizedhelp $true -CustomizedHelpUrl "http://r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidOC10?clid=1033&p1=4&p2=1041&pc=oc&ver=4&subver=0&bld=7185&bldver=0"

Set-CsClientPolicy -Identity <You created before> -EnableEnterpriseCustomizedhelp $false

Friday, February 24, 2012 9:39 AM
  • The users are the anonymous users we invites to our meetings.
    Friday, February 24, 2012 9:45 AM
  • Well this is not the solution as I wan't to use the help provided in the Lync adoption kit from Microsoft. I have changed the F1 help to "Help and Training" and have added an extra help by using the clientpolicy -enableenterprisecustomizedhelp and -customizedhelpurl pointing to the "How to". The only workaround it to combine the 2 sites into 1 page and then link to that and change the F1 help back to default. But is there not a way to not use the default but still use the default for meeting invites.
    Friday, February 24, 2012 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

If you just have menu on the lync client to get help and training, You can add the another help menu on the lync client.

Run the following registry file on the client PC. You use Group policy to run it on all client PC on your domain.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator]
    "HelpMenuText"="sean Site Help and Training"
    "HelpMenuURL"="http://lyncpooll.sean.com/help/index.htm"

Friday, February 24, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Well Sorry, My last respond was wrong. I have done both. Changed the default help (pointing to Help and training) and added extra help pointing to "How to" the way you described it.
    Friday, February 24, 2012 10:39 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean the F1 Help and the added Help menu all point to a internal site?

I suggest you the F1 help uses the default URL and the added Help menu points to your internal site. If you change F1 help URL, the "First online meeting " URL will be changed too.

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:28 AM
  • Yes, this is exactly what I am saying. We have 2 DIFFERENCE INTERNAL help sites. F1 is pointing to one and the added Help is pointing to another. My question: is there a way to prevent "First online meeting" to change when you change the F1 Help? or can I overwrite it or add another text with a link in the meeting invite?
    Monday, February 27, 2012 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

You can not overwrite it and can not add a hyperlink. But you can add another text like the following shown.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:04 AM