none
Lync Client with Linux Servers

General discussion

• I have a customer who has Linux Server and mix of linux and windows client machines. Customer wish to deploy Lync Server in the environment. I have few questions -

1. Do we have any Lync client for linux client machines.

2. I read somewhere that Skype has a client for linux clients. Can we use that option.

3. If the answer to the above question is yes, then we have a scenario here. Consider that 50 employees have skype on linux client machines and 50 has lync client of Windows machines. Can i just stop my lync client users on windows machines not add any skype client but just there collegues on skype. Is it possible.

4. If anyone has any project done in the past, please share tje best practices.

Thanks and Regards

Harpreet Singh

Monday, June 24, 2013 9:50 AM

All replies

• 1) there is no official client for linux. if you google a bit, you will find some third party (unofficial and unsupported) projects that can deliver IM/presence and, to some extent, audio and video (like http://linux.web.cern.ch/linux/docs/lyncmsg.shtml). 

2) irrespective of having a Skype client for Linux, you cannot use it to directly sign-in to a Lync deployment. What you can do is to federate a Lync deployment with Skype and interact with Skype users.

3) not sure i understood what you're trying to achieve. 

Monday, June 24, 2013 12:29 PM
  • Fisil LLC has a Linux Lync client.

fisil.com

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:42 PM