none
User Replicator - domain not enabled - Event ID 30011

Question

• Every 20 minutes, LS User Replicator logs Event ID 30011:

Encountered an unrecognized error while processing users from a domain. This error caused User Replicator to abort synchronization of this domain.  Synchronization will be retried for this domain.  If this domain is not enabled for Lync Server, then this error can be ignored.

Domain: sdom.abc.om  Error: 50 (Insufficient Rights)
    Cause: The cause for this error can vary. Please review the errors listed above.
    Resolution:
    Contact support services if the error is not descriptive enough to remedy the problem.

The problem is, Lync does not have access to sdom domain on purpose.  MS says to ignore this error, but it floods my event logs with errors that are not a concern to me!

How to I configure LS User Replicator to not try to access this one particular domain in my AD forest?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

Did you get around this issue?

Celtic
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:04 AM
  • No.  I wish I could.
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:09 PM
  • Hi John,

there is a simple way to restrict the Domains, which are queried by the User Replicator.

The Lync Management Shell cmdlet does the trick.

By adding the DNs of the wanted domains, you can limit the Domains queried, and effectivly get rid of the 30011 Errors in the Event log.

Set-CsUserReplicatorConfiguration -Identity global -ADDomainNamingContextList @{Add="dc=fabrikam,dc=com"}

If your remove the entire content of the ADDomainNamingContextList property User Replicator will again try to import all discovered Domains!

Please see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398540.aspx for more details.

------------- Viele Grüße, Karsten Kleinschmidt (MCM)

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 5:29 PM