none
Error: 503, Service Unavailable

Question

• We have some quirks in our Lync 2010-deployment:

When we try to make a PSTN-call through our SNOM 300 phones, or the Lync-client it fails.
    Investigating further, using following cmd on the FrontEnd Server gives us this error:

Test-CsPstnOutboundCall -targetfqdn <fqdn of our Lync FE pool> -targetpstnphonenumber +32123456789 -usersipaddress <sip:my sip address> -usercredential <domain\username>

TargetFqdn : <fqdn of our FE pool>
    Result     : Failure
    Latency    : 00:00:00.0974302
    Error      : 503, Service Unavailable

Diagnosis  : ErrorCode=10025,Source=<fqdn of mediation server>,Reason=Gateway peer in outbound call is not found in topology document Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.DiagnosticHeader

Our setup:

AD and Lync FE are on our internal subnet (not colocated)
    Edge and Mediation server have one network adapter in our internal subnet and one in the external (not colocated)
    We use a third-party PSTN-gateway, whose fqdn can be resolved from the mediation server

One peculiar thin I've noticed is that there's a red cross under replication for the Mediation server in the Topology part of the Lync Control Panel.
    But I can't figure out if this behaviour is to be expected or not.

The domain name we use for our SIP addresses differs from the one used for the pool fqdn's

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

mercredi 22 février 2012 09:39

Réponses

• Hi,

You said there's a red cross under replication for the Mediation server. It looks like the replication failed that causes the mediation does not listen the port from FE and send it to Gateway.

Do you install a stand-alone mediation server in your topology?

If yes, please reinstall the Mediation to make sure the replication to mediation is successful.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

mardi 28 février 2012 03:28
    Modérateur

Toutes les réponses

• Please check your Voice Routes and Gateways in Topology

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -

mercredi 22 février 2012 15:14
  • When I try "Test Voice Routing" under Control Panel, everything checks out.
    The PSTN-gateway is shown under PSTN Gateways in the Topology Builder and is linked to our Mediation Server.
    jeudi 23 février 2012 11:29
  • Can you ping & telnet the Gateway on the required ports found in Topology

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -

jeudi 23 février 2012 16:21
  • Hi,

Do you try this KB solution for "SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable" error message when you make a PSTN call in Lync Server 2010?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2539644

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

vendredi 24 février 2012 06:39
    Modérateur
  • Hi Sean,
    I've installed the MediationServer.msp package as mentioned in kb2539644 on the Mediation Server and rebooted, but the error remains.
    vendredi 24 février 2012 14:41
  • Hi,
    I can successfully ping the FQDN of the gateway and initiate a Telnet session to the FQDN and port specified as PSTN-Gateway Listening Port in our topology.
    I don't get a prompt in which I can work with the telnet session, but it doesn't fail on me either.
    vendredi 24 février 2012 14:43
  • Hi,

You said there's a red cross under replication for the Mediation server. It looks like the replication failed that causes the mediation does not listen the port from FE and send it to Gateway.

Do you install a stand-alone mediation server in your topology?

If yes, please reinstall the Mediation to make sure the replication to mediation is successful.

mardi 28 février 2012 03:28
    Modérateur
  • Hi Sean,

I considered reinstalling the Mediation server myself, but wanted to see if there were other options.
    It was also unclear to me that the Mediation component not syncing was by design or not.

In the end I reinstalled the Mediation server from scratch after making sure all info in the topology was correct and published, following these guidelines: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412998.aspx 

Up to this point everything seems to work.
    The red cross under "sync" for the Mediation server has gone away.
    I suspect a problem with the certificates on the Mediation server.

vendredi 2 mars 2012 08:48