none
Do not archive specifc federated partner

Question

• Using the Lync 2010 Archiving server, we are planning to archive all external IM sessions with the exception of one federated partner that requires not to be archived.  Is this possible to choose specific federated partner to archive or not archive?  I did not see the option to archive or not for specific federated partners in the Control Panel or powershell commands that I have seen.  Thx!

vendredi 1 juin 2012 03:25

Réponses

• Hi,

All contents would be savd in Archiving database server. I am not sure how to manpulate the database. As I know, Archiving database names LcsLog.mdf and all IM contents would be savid in the Table dbo.messages, there is no property relvant with federation contacts in that table. Even it is possbile to purge the IM content for a specific federated partner,it is highly not recommended to do that on SQL dattabase side.

Regards,
    Kent

• Kent Huang TechNet Community Support ************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Proposé comme réponse Kent-Huang lundi 11 juin 2012 01:49
    • Marqué comme réponse Kent-Huang jeudi 14 juin 2012 01:30
    lundi 4 juin 2012 10:09

Toutes les réponses

• You are right.

There is no option to configure archiving per federated partner

vendredi 1 juin 2012 05:58
  • So in this scenerio all external communication would be saved to the backend database from Lync.  Would it be possible working directly from the database to purge the unwanted IMs from a specific federated partner.  Has anybody done this?  Or would direct manipulation of the database information be liable to "break" the database.  Thx!
    vendredi 1 juin 2012 13:45
  • Hi,

All contents would be savd in Archiving database server. I am not sure how to manpulate the database. As I know, Archiving database names LcsLog.mdf and all IM contents would be savid in the Table dbo.messages, there is no property relvant with federation contacts in that table. Even it is possbile to purge the IM content for a specific federated partner,it is highly not recommended to do that on SQL dattabase side.

Regards,
    Kent

• Kent Huang TechNet Community Support ************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Proposé comme réponse Kent-Huang lundi 11 juin 2012 01:49
    • Marqué comme réponse Kent-Huang jeudi 14 juin 2012 01:30
    lundi 4 juin 2012 10:09
  • Actiance Vantage provides you flexible and granular controls that gives to meet your requirements.  Information is available here: http://actiance.com/products/vantage.aspx

If you have additional questions, you are welcome to contact me at ptoth@actiance.com

mercredi 6 juin 2012 18:54