none
Presence Unknown for Some Users but Not Others?

Pertanyaan

• I have installed Lync for a small business running Exchange 2010 and Office 2007. They are a 1 sip domain and the server seems to be funcitoning correctly. I added 5 users to start with as a test to the Lync server and of those 5, 3 show up as presence unknown. And some users show online to one person, but will show presence unknown to someone else. There seems to be no rhyme of reason. I have added and deleted other users outside of the original 5 and they all show as presence unknown. To date I have made sure that the Lync server is patched to the hilt, and that the client instances of Lync are also fully patched. I have set the SIP compression mode to disabled in the GPO. I am kind of at a stand still. I don't know what else to look for. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

02 Februari 2012 13:29

Semua Balasan

• hi,

You can enable tracing on Client End and use Lync Reskit (Snooper tool) to analyse , how "presence " is being notified to other users.

When user sign in it "NOTIFY" others of it's presence.

When some one sign in to Lync , then SUBSCRIBE for other's presence.

so you need to find out who is not responding correctly.

02 Februari 2012 18:04
  • Hi,

Do you use Hyper-V for Lync server?

The insufficient hardware can cause this issue.

Please try to use Lync server Logging tool to get the trace message. More about Lync server logging tool, please read the following article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558599.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

13 Februari 2012 7:01