none
Federation IM works only one way

Pertanyaan

• Hello,

we are in the process of migrating our OCS 2007 R2 infrastructure to Lync.

We have installed a pool of 2 front-end (no hardware load balancer, only dns load-balancing) and have merged the topology.

At that step, federation is still working, presence can be seen from both sides.

However, when we start a chat from the inside, the federated partner can receive the message, but he can't answer. After a while, he receives the message "This message may not have been delivered to John Doe because there was no response from the server"

If the chat is initiated by the partner, we can answer and the conversation occurs without problem.

On the Lync front end, a trace shows this error :

TL_ERROR(TF_CONNECTION) [1]0B84.167C::02/14/2012-10:42:22.265.0014444b (SIPStack,SIPAdminLog::TraceConnectionRecord:SIPAdminLog.cpp(160))$$begin_record
    LogType: connection
    Severity: error
    Text: The peer is not a configured server on this network interface
    Peer-IP: 10.130.7.130:62047
    Transport: TLS
    Result-Code: 0xc3e93d6a SIPPROXY_E_CONNECTION_UNKNOWN_SERVER
    Data: fqdn="<our public edge fqdn>"
    $$end_record

and the trace on the 2007 R2 edge, we see this error

TL_ERROR(TF_CONNECTION) [15]1214.3660::02/08/2012-15:35:20.231.0002d61c (SIPStack,SIPAdminLog::TraceConnectionRecord:SIPAdminLog.cpp(157))$$begin_record
    LogType: connection
    Severity: error
    Text: Receive operation on the connection failed
    Local-IP: 10.130.7.120:5061
    Peer-IP: 10.45.112.139:49362
    Connection-ID: 0x19C7800
    Transport: TLS
    Result-Code: 0x80072746 WSAECONNRESET
    User-Uri: <email of the person that initiated the chat>
    $$end_record

any insight on this subject ? I saw that this could be due to certificate problems, but it was working before we merge the topology.

Many thanks for your answers and best regards.

Laurent

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks.

17 Februari 2012 7:32

Jawaban

• Yes. that is the best prctice from MS when you doing a migration from OCS to Lync 2010. i did not had this problem because most of the users in my deployment are restricted to internal only. but i'd like to suggest you that try to point the OCS Edge's next hop FQDN from OCS FE to lync pool. This might sort your issue.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

19 Februari 2012 16:44

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

are you still on OCS 2007 R2 edge? this happens to me also but it got resolved after i deployed the Lync Edge server.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

19 Februari 2012 14:40
  • Hello, yes, we are still on the OCS edge. Am I right to say that we must first migrate our clients to Lync before switching to Lync edge, or can we do the switch first place and then migrate the clients to Lync ?

Thanks for your answer and have a good week-end

Laurent

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks.

19 Februari 2012 15:21
  • Yes. that is the best prctice from MS when you doing a migration from OCS to Lync 2010. i did not had this problem because most of the users in my deployment are restricted to internal only. but i'd like to suggest you that try to point the OCS Edge's next hop FQDN from OCS FE to lync pool. This might sort your issue.

19 Februari 2012 16:44
  • Hi Laurent,

Does the issue occur on ocs 2007 re before you deploy Lync server?

Do you see the partner's domain is allowed in lync lync control panel?

Please try to deploy the lync edge server instead of ocs edge server after you finish the migration and check if the problem still occurs.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

21 Februari 2012 8:45
  • Hello, no, the problem did not occur before on OCS 2007 R2. Yes, we see the partner's domain in Lync Control Panel.

I've opened a case with Microsoft, I do not want to change the configuration and impact our users.

thanks for your answers all

Laurent

07 Maret 2012 13:04