none
Help with Users and Groups!!!

질문

• Hi,

I’m exploring  Lync Server 2010 Standard.  The company I’m currently working for is considering implementing it.  I did the MS online course related to this product and installed a lab for testing, but there is a feature that I need and I can’t find it or can’t figure out how to implement it.

Is there a way to create groups of users (like in open fire)  so that when users log in, they can see the groups they are supposed to see and not the ones they are not.  For example  Accounting can see Human resources but not Marketing.

My boss literally said: When I log in I don’t the janitor to see me because I have no business talking to him.   So this issue with the group feature could be a deal breaker.  We already have open fire communication server installed and we need at least the same features that it has.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Looking forward to you your comments and feedback. 

2012년 2월 4일 토요일 오후 10:01

답변

• There is no way out of the box that Lync allows an administrator to seperate users. Generally why would the janitor want to speak to someone he doesn't normally anyway.

The only ways to achieve what you want:

Users block the people they don't want to talk themselves in the client

There was some example code for OCS which apparently works with Lync that allows you to write an application to create these "ethical walls"

You can purchase products that do this like Actiance Vantage.

Chris Clark - | MCTS:OCS & UC Voice Specialization | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA http://www.unitycomms.com
    2012년 2월 4일 토요일 오후 10:57

모든 응답

• There is no way out of the box that Lync allows an administrator to seperate users. Generally why would the janitor want to speak to someone he doesn't normally anyway.

The only ways to achieve what you want:

Users block the people they don't want to talk themselves in the client

There was some example code for OCS which apparently works with Lync that allows you to write an application to create these "ethical walls"

You can purchase products that do this like Actiance Vantage.

Chris Clark - | MCTS:OCS & UC Voice Specialization | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA http://www.unitycomms.com
    2012년 2월 4일 토요일 오후 10:57
  •  

Third party compliance products can create these "Chinese walls" between users and groups. It is usually done for compliance reasons in finance. I've never heard of it used outside of that case.Take a look at Actiance, but its a very expensive option.

The question is, why is your boss worried about the Janitor seeing his presence? (I appreciate there may not be the option for a rational discussion here)

Tom

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Join over 300 UC Pros who subscribe for blog updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    2012년 2월 5일 일요일 오후 1:36
  • Maybe it is less of a case where the boss is concerned about banter (although there have been times where I have sent an IM to the wrong window due to someone new popping up) as it is that he does not want the company to know what his status and availability is like.

Anyway, the gents prior to my post have made good suggestions.

Out of the box your options are limited to trying to use the Enhanced Privacy Configuration; however that has the following limitations:

1. It is a global/site/service setting
    2. It requires all clients be Lync clients
    3. It will require users be listed in the contact list to be able to see presence. To get around this could be a bit of a hassle in that you would need to either trust that the user adds their own contacts or you will need to export and import contacts in and out as necessary.
    4. For any user that does not wish to have the restriction, they will need to manually set their status to "I want everyone to be able to see my presence"
    2012년 2월 8일 수요일 오전 2:08
  • Hi Hemaldo,

Lync Server 2010 adds an attribute msRTCSIP-GroupingID onto user objects.

This attribute can be populated with the Globally Unique Identification (GUID) unique to users that need to be able to search for each other. Unless the user is a member of the tagged group, the search results will not display the user contacts.

In addition, there is a sample about how to implement an “ethical walls” function for reference. Hope helps.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

2012년 2월 19일 일요일 오전 8:07