none
Voicemail Freezes Lync Client

질문

• Hi

we have an issue in that voicemail plays from the notification email Outlook and from the physical phone device.

However, when we try and play the voicemail from the Lync client the client 'freezes' and becomes unresponsive and the voicemail doesn't play. We then have to close the Lync client using task manager and restart it.

I would welcome any ideas on how to resolve this

TIA

Julian

2012년 2월 23일 목요일 오전 10:08

답변

모든 응답

• Hi Julian,

Does this happen on all workstations with Lync installed? Does it happen for just one user or all users?

Try installing Lync on a freshly built Windows 7 machine and attempt to reproduce this behaviour. Lync could be conflicting with another application that is installed or an audio driver.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @justimorris
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

2012년 2월 23일 목요일 오후 1:50
  • Hi Justin

It happens on more than one machine but not every machine across a variety of users. However, it could be a driver conflict - at least I have somewhere to start from.

thanks

Julian

2012년 2월 23일 목요일 오후 3:33
  • Great, let us know how you go with it once you've isolated the behaviour to a particular type of user/machine.

If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

2012년 2월 23일 목요일 오후 3:42
  • HI,

Please login the user account who has the problem on another PC and check if the problem occurs again.

If it can work in another pc, maybe something wrong with your OS. You aslo can reinstall the Lync client in your PC, and delete all lync file in your User's folder.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2012년 2월 27일 월요일 오전 6:26
    중재자
  • Lync uninstalled from the user's machine and reinstalled, then CU5 update applied. Voicemail still freezes the client.
    2012년 3월 8일 목요일 오전 11:13
  • I'd say this is audio driver/hardware related.

2012년 3월 8일 목요일 오전 11:15
  • Sound drivers reinstalled to no effect.

The is occuring on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7 x64 professional.

Also, there is nothing in the trace files - the client freezes before it writes anything to the log files.

2012년 3월 8일 목요일 오후 3:07
  • You will basically need to narrow down the exact application combination, OS version and hardware that this is occurring on to identify what is causing the conflict. I doubt it's a problem with Lync 2010 as I've never seen or heard of this kind of behaviour before on client machines.

2012년 3월 8일 목요일 오후 3:09
  • I've seen this a lot in my environment. The conflict ended up being Nero software installed on the workstations. After an uninstall voicemails could be played in the Lync client.
    2012년 3월 24일 토요일 오후 7:47
  • For us it was the RIM Blackberry desktop software. Removed it, rebooted and it worked straight away.

2012년 11월 1일 목요일 오전 10:55