none
If Avaya set for Dual Forking, and Lync client is turned off, calls are immediately answered by ExUM voicemail. PBX phone only rings once.

질문

• The issue to be addressed involves the following scenario...

1. PSTN calls arrive inbound on the Avaya IP-PBX, which is configured for Dual-Forking.

2. So these inbound calls are sent to local PBX phone extensions, and also to Lync.

3. Desired behavior is, both the PBX phone and Lync client should ring, and user answers on the preferred device.

4. Lync users are also configured for ExUM voicemail, via Lync/Exchange UM Integration.

[All works as expected when Lync users are signed in.]

Problem occurs when...

5. A Lync user is not signed in.

6. When PSTN call is "dual-forked", the call arrives at Lync FE and sent immediately to ExUM for the called Lync user.

7. Since the call connects so quickly to ExUM voicemail, Avaya sees this and terminates the call leg to the PBX phone (which only rings at most one time).

Desired behavior would be...

8. Increase the time before Lync FE (specifically the inbound/defaultrouting process) transfers the call to ExUM (exumrouting process) for the Lync user. [to 30 secs, or so]

9. This would allow the PBX phone to ring several times, giving the PBX phone user time to answer if desired, before ExUM voicemail anwers the call.

So I'm looking for guidance on if there is a setting on Lync FE (via Lync Mgmt Shell, or Registry) to control the time before Lync sends calls to ExUM for voicemail coverage.

[it is understood that this setting, if available, would affect voicemail coverage for all Lync users. But this behavior is desirable to support the Avaya Dual-Forking feature, while users are being migrated to Lync. This is for a large Lync deployment, so the migration to Lync will take some time.]

Thanks in advance,  Randy.

2012년 2월 25일 토요일 오후 6:34

답변

• Hi Randy,

Same thing i have faced when i was integrating Lync with Avaya. When ever a user is not logged on to the Lync Cleint they always goes to voice mail. Another idea over here is to ask Avaya to send the signal first to end point and delay for some seconds for Lync. I think here dual forking from Avaya you are talking about is EC500 in our case we have enabled OPS. We have also increased time on Lync client to send to Voice mail after 1 minute. It did work. you can acheive this by going to the call forwarding settings. Keep in mind that this is normal behaviour in Avaya integration with Lync, however if you are integrating Lync with Voice gateway directly then even a user is not online the calls will go to Lync first and after certain time (defined time in call forwarding settings) it will go to Voice Mail.

As Avaya is the gateway it should handle these settings. Hope Above help.

Please mar it as answer if it answers your question also take a second to vote | MCITP LYNC | blog: salahuddinkhatri.wordpress.com

SKHATRI

2012년 2월 26일 일요일 오전 11:41

모든 응답

• Hi Randy,

Same thing i have faced when i was integrating Lync with Avaya. When ever a user is not logged on to the Lync Cleint they always goes to voice mail. Another idea over here is to ask Avaya to send the signal first to end point and delay for some seconds for Lync. I think here dual forking from Avaya you are talking about is EC500 in our case we have enabled OPS. We have also increased time on Lync client to send to Voice mail after 1 minute. It did work. you can acheive this by going to the call forwarding settings. Keep in mind that this is normal behaviour in Avaya integration with Lync, however if you are integrating Lync with Voice gateway directly then even a user is not online the calls will go to Lync first and after certain time (defined time in call forwarding settings) it will go to Voice Mail.

As Avaya is the gateway it should handle these settings. Hope Above help.

Please mar it as answer if it answers your question also take a second to vote | MCITP LYNC | blog: salahuddinkhatri.wordpress.com

SKHATRI

2012년 2월 26일 일요일 오전 11:41
  • Hi,

Any update on this.

SKHATRI

2012년 2월 27일 월요일 오후 4:08
  • Hi Randy and Skhatri,

Our product "CallControl for Lync" can address this issue. It can hold incoming calls for the Lync users in offline or DND mode, so IP-PBX has enough time to ring user's desktop phone.  Here is the brochure of the product. http://www.poweruc.com/Content/brochure/brochure.pdf

Pleease let me if you want to know more, or would like to try our product.  I can arrange that.  Thanks.

Regards,

Mike Wang

sales@poweruc.com

2012년 5월 23일 수요일 오전 3:35