none
Finding CAL Usage

Pergunta

• How can i determin how many of each type CAL's my lync server is using?

I want to make sure we have proper licencing in place; and find CAL's the most confusing thing in the world.

quarta-feira, 8 de fevereiro de 2012 14:19

Respostas

• There's no way to find out how many of each type of CALs your Lync environment is using.

Typically the number of CALs you own (Standard, Enterprise and Plus) is enforced using a combination of conferencing policies (to limit whether the user can do audio/video/web conferencing) and the Enterprise Voice setting on the user account.

If all your users are enabled for conferencing today and you don't own the Enterprise CAL for them all, then you're effectively in breach of your CALs and you would need to restrict conferencing using a conferencing policy.

It's essentially an honour system e.g. you can do everything without having to put into the system anywhere whether you own the CALs or not.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

• Marcado como Resposta MikeLeger quarta-feira, 8 de fevereiro de 2012 16:42
    quarta-feira, 8 de fevereiro de 2012 16:12

Todas as Respostas

• There's no way to find out how many of each type of CALs your Lync environment is using.

Typically the number of CALs you own (Standard, Enterprise and Plus) is enforced using a combination of conferencing policies (to limit whether the user can do audio/video/web conferencing) and the Enterprise Voice setting on the user account.

If all your users are enabled for conferencing today and you don't own the Enterprise CAL for them all, then you're effectively in breach of your CALs and you would need to restrict conferencing using a conferencing policy.

It's essentially an honour system e.g. you can do everything without having to put into the system anywhere whether you own the CALs or not.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

• Marcado como Resposta MikeLeger quarta-feira, 8 de fevereiro de 2012 16:42
    quarta-feira, 8 de fevereiro de 2012 16:12
  • How about PowerShell. I am sure Get-CsUser -Filter {Enabled -eq $true} | Measure is a good start.

Regards

Sarbjit Gill

quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 13:54