none
EMET application specific configuration - BUG report

问题

• Hi,

I have used EMET for changing my Win7 (Home, SP1, IE9) system from Opt-In to Opt-Out for DEP. After some months withozt problems I finally found an application (a game) that seems to have problems with that setting. Therefore I tried to disable DEP for that game but EMET does not allow to configure that specific app.

If I try to configure the game's executable programxyz.exe via EMET GUI or command line I only get the error message "programxyz.exe is not a valid exe".

I made some more test and found out that this happens with all executables within a specific folder o my hard drive. To be specific this sub-folder called "C:\Programme2" is a junction point where a whole partition is mounted. This is the only junction point where this partition is mounted. If I copy the specific exe to a different directory on the hard-disc that is mounted as C:\ EMET correctly recognizes it and allows to configure it.

It seems like EMET is not aware of junction/mount points.

As the process of reporting bug to Microsoft is totally intrasparent I hope that posting this bug report here will reach the correspondent developers.

2011年4月23日 14:55

全部回复

• This is a forum for Lync server question and support.

Mike

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks

MCITP: Lync, Exchange 2010 & Server Administrator

Designing Lync Blog

View Michael Brophy's profile on LinkedIn

2011年8月30日 10:48