none
Coexistence - Exchange decomissioned GAL no longer available.

Frage

• After decomissioning the internal exchange 2003 sever the GAL is no longer published. Now the copiers that are configured to scan to email can no longer perform LDAP lookups on those addresses. As well the email addresses are now removed from the properties of the users. How can I get the copiers to pull the email addresses? Can I get my copier to point to BPOS LDAP?
    Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2011 21:33

Alle Antworten

• Hi, something doesn't quite add up here, because when you decomission Exchange it should keep all the email addresses on the Accounts in AD.  I would guess the copiers are just configured to use the AD servers as their LDAP servers, which should still work.  Did you by chance remove the email addresses from your users when you decommissioned Exchange.  If the users still have email addresses in AD, you should be able to configure the printers to connect to LDAP on your Domain Controllers.

There is no LDAP interface in BPOS.

Chad

Chad Mosman, MessageOps | www.MessageOps.com
    Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2011 18:44
  • if the GAL does not show correctly on your Outlook Web Access you should call BPOS technical support and have GAL refresh or show again. However on your printer it should be showing ok because you still have a AD correct?

Mittwoch, 2. März 2011 21:02
  • Chad is right, it sounds like your email properties have been removed from your AD accounts, in which case you need to repopulate, or create a manual address book.

Jorge R. Diaz, PMP, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS

Senior Microsoft Consultant

Planet Technologies, Inc.

Check out My Blog!

Mittwoch, 2. März 2011 22:00