none
Annotation Tools

Question

• The Live Meeting Reference cards states "You can use the Annotation Tools to highlight or add notes on presentation content, inclduing MS Powerpoint presentations, snapshot images, whiteboards, and imported documents."  However, I cannot see or access these tools when I am in a shared Powerpoint or doc, etc., so how can a presenter use them outside the whiteboard?  And it would be GREAT if participants could use them outside the whiteboard as well...  Help!

I might add ... all of this is so easy in Webex.  Why so difficult in Live Meeting?
    • Moved by Lu Zou-MSFT Monday, November 16, 2009 5:34 AM meeting experience problem (From:Live Meeting General Discussion)
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Debgok,

You can use annotation tool when you share whiteboard, screen snapshot and uploaded documents. But if you share a PPT program, the presenter and the participants cannot use the annotation tools. The only way is to upload PPT file to LiveMeeting console. In this way, both presenter and participants can use the annotation tool. Ensure that you give the participants permission “Annotate current content” by clicking “attendees”à”>>”à “permissions”.

Hope this helps. 

Lu Zou

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Friday, October 30, 2009 9:12 AM
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Debgok,

You can use annotation tool when you share whiteboard, screen snapshot and uploaded documents. But if you share a PPT program, the presenter and the participants cannot use the annotation tools. The only way is to upload PPT file to LiveMeeting console. In this way, both presenter and participants can use the annotation tool. Ensure that you give the participants permission “Annotate current content” by clicking “attendees”à”>>”à “permissions”.

Hope this helps. 

Lu Zou

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Friday, October 30, 2009 9:12 AM
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:17 AM
  • move to meeting experience queue
    Monday, November 16, 2009 5:34 AM