none
How can I determine if an email address was sent to an alias rather than directly to my 'default' email address?

Question

• Our organization uses BPOS for our employees.  Several have email aliases set up, such as sales@domain.com, recruiting@domain.com, etc.

When looking at an email, is it possible to tell which email address the message was sent to?

I'd like to instruct my users to set up out of office rules for those aliases such that the sales@domain.com doesn't go unmonitored while the user is on vacation; currently I am just temporarily reassigning the alias.  But, this is a hassle.

Thanks!

Friday, March 18, 2011 9:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• In order to tell which address the message was sent to you'd have to assign the alias to a group and then make that person the only member of the group.  Outlook would then be able to tell who the message was sent to.  I don't think you'll be able to set up out of office rules based on that though, so maybe you are better off just putting multiple people in the group so there is always someone checking it.

Chad

Chad Mosman, MessageOps | www.MessageOps.com
    Friday, March 18, 2011 10:08 PM
  • I open the received email then go to properties and examine the header information.  You should see the original address it was sent to within the header info.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:58 PM