none
Frame refresh issue using Live Meeting and Windows 8

Question

• Hi

yesterday I was a presenter in a session using Windows 8 RC and Live Meeting (last updated version) and we have several frame refreshing issues in this scenario. The audio quality was fine, however the frame refresh was very slow (about 12 seconds delay). 

The solution was to use the Live Meeting client from a Windows 7, and access to the Windows 8 RC station through Terminal Services and  share this session.

Any ideas or suggestion to get a better experience?

Regards

MVP ALM (@elbruno) http://twitter.com/elbruno http://www.elbruno.com

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Bruno!

I just cancelled now a Webcast due to the same issue... :(

Hope Microsoft fix it soon (in fact they should replace Live Meeting with a decent webcast program).

Eduard Tomàs Blog: http://geeks.ms/blogs/etomas -- Twitter: eiximenis

Thursday, July 05, 2012 5:47 PM
  • Hi!

This also happens with Lync 2010. I've tested both scenarios and i see the same behavior.

Hugo Martinez
    www.xtentiongroup.com

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:02 PM
  • Hi All, any solution on this Issue? I am a MSP and I am working right now on a Webcast series for Latam, but I have the same problem, I cannot do share desktop nor program. So I cannot demonstrate Windows 8!

Do you find any fix?

Till now I have to record the demo's first and then upload them as a content to share. But it puts me a lot of additional work

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:07 PM
  • Any news on this issue? It is IMHO a problem with hardware accelleration which can't be switched off on Windows 8.
    Monday, September 24, 2012 3:34 PM
  • We are a software company that uses LiveMeeting all the time for virtual presentations and training sessions. Livemeeting works great apart ........ from Windows 8 as ALL the other posts have stated here.

Unusable refresh rates 12-15 seconds. Help please Microsoft !

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:15 AM
  • Hello 

I am experiencing the same issue.  If anyone has solved this issue, I would be very interested to understand how. 

I use Live Meeting frequently as a presenter - a way to share information/screen with clients.  

This is a very challenging situation and is preventing and inhibiting further Windows 8 deployments.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:05 PM
  • I'm also looking forward to have this issue solved. So far the only workaround that is working for me is to have two machines, one with Windows 8 and another one with Windows 7, use the Windows 7 as the main machine for the presentation with LiveMeeting, accessing the Windows 8 machine via Remote Desktop, and then sharing the Remote Desktop app via LiveMeeting.

I've done a few webcasts this way and it is working fine... It is not a "solution" and it is not ideal, but that's the best workaround I found so far...

Cheers,
    Caio Proiete

Caio Proiete
    Microsoft MVP, MCT, MCPD, MCTS, MCSD
    http://caioproiete.net

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:27 PM
  • I see the same issue with the RTM.  I think it may be related to the fact that Win8 only has 32 bit color depth.   It is a bit alarming that MS is so silent with this.  It makes me think that it is unfixable.
    Friday, September 28, 2012 12:16 PM
  • I am also running the RTM... waiting to hear something from MSFT on this.  Painful as I need to do live meeting / screen sharing frequently for my job.

I have looked at alternatives to Live Meeting - Vyew and a few others.  Anyone else have experience with alternatives that might work?

Friday, September 28, 2012 1:25 PM
  • Same issue faced in Windows 8, huge delay in the refresh.

Will there be a solution for Win8 user release?

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 1:27 PM
  • Same problem here too.

We've already decided not upgrading to Windows 8 all of our Live Meeting presenters users.

It's for us a priority upgrading to windows 8, but we use and abuse of Live Meeting, will stay with windows 7 for now because of this (hundreds of users).

Do we need to open a Support ticket about this to have an answer?

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:22 PM
  • I have the same issue.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:04 PM
  • I contacted MS about this issue.  They verified that Yes it is a issue and Yes they are working on it.  There is no ETA on availability of a solution.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:12 PM
  • Any news about this issue?
    Friday, November 02, 2012 5:36 PM
  • The same problem here. I hope MS soon provides a patch.
    Monday, November 19, 2012 4:31 PM
  • Can we expect some response from MS?

Sunday, December 09, 2012 10:18 AM
  • Bump. Would like to hear about the technical reasons behind the behavior issue. What's so different in 8 that affects this application?
    Monday, December 17, 2012 6:56 PM
  • Just wanted to make sure that everyone saw the Live Meeting 2007 cumulative updates released on 12/19 for supporting Windows 8 and Office 2013 ... With the holidays over the past few weeks, I thought some of you may have missed it ...

http://blogs.technet.com/b/keithmayer/archive/2013/01/02/using-live-meeting-2007-with-windows-8-and-office-2013.aspx

Hope this helps!

Keith

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 2:45 PM
  • Finally, thanks for the update. This works much better now!!

Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:46 AM
  • The cummulative update introduces unfortunately a new problem because of the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2783950/en-us which removes the Office Communication Server Option from the configuration of Live Meeting on Windows 8. So now I have a situation where I can't configure the live Meeting on Windows 8 because I can't connect to our Office Communicator Server anymore? What was the logic behind this "update" and is there a workaround?

Monday, January 14, 2013 11:32 AM
  • Thanks for your information, it was precious. :)

By the way, do you know any official Microsoft link about the end of Live Meeting, alternative options, deadline dates, anything? I can't find useful information about this.

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:53 AM