none
Disclaimer in Microsoft Exchange Online

Question

• Hi there,

We are trialing Microsoft Exchange Online with plans to replace our Exchange 2003 Server.  Currently we use a program called Exclaimer to automatically add a disclaimer to all emails leaving our domain.

If we were to switch to Microsoft Exchange Online, how do we go about adding a disclaimer to all outgoing emails?

As part of the disclaimer includes our logo and address details, is a solution able to cope with the addition of the logo graphic?

We also have a rule within our existing Exclaimer system to only add the disclaimer if it doesn't already exist within the email (to stop duplication if emails have multiple replies).  Is this option also available through Microsoft Exchange Online?

I did do a thorough sweep of the help pages within Microsoft Online but couldn't find anything that refers to a company wide disclaimer.

Regards

Andrew

Friday, June 04, 2010 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hi, you'd have to contact support and they could configure a disclaimer on all outgoing emails.  You have 2 options when setting up the disclaimer, it can be either plain text or HTML.  In the HTML based version you might be able to figure out a way to get a graphic in there.  I'm not 100% sure on the duplication prevention, but I would guess that is not a feature available with Microsoft Online.  When you open the ticket with support to set it up, they could probably tell you.

Chad

Chad Mosman, MessageOps | www.MessageOps.com
    Friday, June 04, 2010 11:31 AM
  • Indeed you can open a ticket and request the disclaimer to be added to a domain but the duplicate option is not available.

Friday, June 04, 2010 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hi, you'd have to contact support and they could configure a disclaimer on all outgoing emails.  You have 2 options when setting up the disclaimer, it can be either plain text or HTML.  In the HTML based version you might be able to figure out a way to get a graphic in there.  I'm not 100% sure on the duplication prevention, but I would guess that is not a feature available with Microsoft Online.  When you open the ticket with support to set it up, they could probably tell you.

Chad

Chad Mosman, MessageOps | www.MessageOps.com
    Friday, June 04, 2010 11:31 AM
  • Indeed you can open a ticket and request the disclaimer to be added to a domain but the duplicate option is not available.

Friday, June 04, 2010 11:59 AM