none
outlook.com disallowing my authentication

Question

• I have an office 365 account and for the longest time I open my mail up through a browser by going to http://outlook.com, entering my username, and entering my password.

Just today I am getting refused to proceed to my web mail session. I am now getting this error:

This account can't be used to access Outlook.com
    You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com account).

I can assure you in IE, Chrome, and / or Firefox sessions do NOT have another tab or window open with a different user signed in. This happens on every laptop / computer that I have, including my mac. To confirm this, I have tskilled any iexplore, chrome, or firefox exe's, and yes i've restarted the computer.

Microsoft recently changed something causing this, either late last night or today (7.18.13). What was the change, and when will it go back, or what is the *new* recommendation?

-Mike

Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:54 PM

All replies