none
problem with Live Meeting Add-in enabling

Question

• Hi,

We confronted problems after installing the Live Meeting Addin for Outlook 2007 on our XP workstations. When the end user opens Outlook 2007, he is promted the following window: http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7053/lm1ol6.png . After clicking "Yes", he must click the "Enable Live Meeting button" http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1249/lm2sa8.png
    This happened every time the user opens Outlook. 

On some individual machines this could be fixed by opening Outlook using a user account belonging to the Administrators-group. Only after this the add-in was probably really installed.

thanks
    LM
    Monday, February 02, 2009 11:39 AM

Answers

• Hi

To make sure that the Outlook add-in is installed properly please follow the following detailed instructions. Please follow each step and do not take short cuts. Each step was designed as a trouble shooting feature as part as the installation process.

These are the detailed instructions to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Office Live Meeting Outlook add-in and remove the lmxp32.dll file from your Windows XP computer, so that you will be able to properly schedule Live Meetings from your Outlook add-in and be able to join them as well as your attendees.

Please note: When you do the installation you must use the LiveMeeting Organizer account

1. Click start
    2. Click control panel.
    3. Click add and remove programs.
    4. Find the Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook and remove it. (make sure all other programs are shut down, including Outlook.)
    5. Close out of control panel.
    6. Using search, find the lmxp32.dll file and delete it.
    7. Power down your computer fully. count to 10.
    8. Using this URL link download and install the Outlook add-in for Live Meeting 2007.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102368901033.aspx
    9. Power down your computer fully. count to 10.
    10. Open Outlook and wait for the Live Meeting tool bars to show up. Open the Conferencing link in the upper tool bar.
    11. Click on User accounts
    12. Fill in the URL line and leave the top line blank. Use this URL
    https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/ (users conference center name)
    13. Check the box that says I log in to Live Meeting using my user name and password.
    14. Fill in your user name and password.
    15. Test the connection to Live Meeting.
    16. If a bad connection check the URL address and user name and password and test connection.

Please try the method above. if it still cannot resolve your problem you can look for help from the Live Meeting Support by submitting a case on the website:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883750/

Hope this can help.

Lu Zou

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:31 AM
    Friday, February 27, 2009 5:49 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

I can reproduce this problem on my machine. I have one user profile in my outlook 2007 and the conference add-in works well. After I create another user profile and use this profile to open the outlook for the first time, I need to enable the conference add-in under this user profile. The difference is that I don’t need to configure it next time.

My suggestion is: uninstall the conference add-in and delete the present profiles. Recreate one profile first and install the conference add-in to see if it can work. If this can work, create another profile and enable the conference add-in with this profile. (Please ensure that the conference add-in works well before you create the next user profile)

Hope this helps!

Lu Zou

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Monday, February 09, 2009 6:33 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:16 AM
    Wednesday, February 04, 2009 1:30 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have to find a way fixing this using some kind of automated install.

best,
    L-M
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:41 AM
  • Hi,

Still having problems when deploying this using SMS for my current Office 2007 users. How could I fix this for all my users using a batch file/reg fix. Tried finding the solution using file/regmon without much success.

L-M
    Monday, February 23, 2009 1:08 PM
  • Hi

To make sure that the Outlook add-in is installed properly please follow the following detailed instructions. Please follow each step and do not take short cuts. Each step was designed as a trouble shooting feature as part as the installation process.

These are the detailed instructions to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Office Live Meeting Outlook add-in and remove the lmxp32.dll file from your Windows XP computer, so that you will be able to properly schedule Live Meetings from your Outlook add-in and be able to join them as well as your attendees.

Please note: When you do the installation you must use the LiveMeeting Organizer account

1. Click start
    2. Click control panel.
    3. Click add and remove programs.
    4. Find the Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook and remove it. (make sure all other programs are shut down, including Outlook.)
    5. Close out of control panel.
    6. Using search, find the lmxp32.dll file and delete it.
    7. Power down your computer fully. count to 10.
    8. Using this URL link download and install the Outlook add-in for Live Meeting 2007.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102368901033.aspx
    9. Power down your computer fully. count to 10.
    10. Open Outlook and wait for the Live Meeting tool bars to show up. Open the Conferencing link in the upper tool bar.
    11. Click on User accounts
    12. Fill in the URL line and leave the top line blank. Use this URL
    https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/ (users conference center name)
    13. Check the box that says I log in to Live Meeting using my user name and password.
    14. Fill in your user name and password.
    15. Test the connection to Live Meeting.
    16. If a bad connection check the URL address and user name and password and test connection.

Please try the method above. if it still cannot resolve your problem you can look for help from the Live Meeting Support by submitting a case on the website:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883750/

Hope this can help.

Lu Zou

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:31 AM
    Friday, February 27, 2009 5:49 AM
  • We are experiencing this issue as well for some users but not all.  We recently did an SMS push of the .114 build of the Conferencing add-in and LM client.  MS Support always says the conf add-in can become corrupt and do what Lu Zou mentions here.  I understand your response that uninstalling, manually whacking a dll and reinstalling is not a workable resolution everytime this comes up.  So, I too am looking for a more automated way to deal with this.  The SMS package mentioned, I had baked this into the build to uninstall all previous versions of Conf Addin, remove with script the lmxp32.dll file as it was not getting cleaned up on uninstall. As well as deleting reg key for: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Microsoft.LiveMeeting.Addins]
    Then the package did the install and as added measure, specified reg key manually for:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Microsoft.LiveMeeting.Addins]
    "LoadBehavior"=dword:00000003

All this safeguard and still have this issue on some machines, I'm not sure what percent (maybe 1% and doesn't seem to matter if Outlook 2003 SP3 or Outlook 2007).  It's as if the Conf Addin will not enable and register properly with the Outlook profile.  Starting trying to see if recreating the Outlook profile will help but that doesn't so far seem to be the answer either.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:53 PM
  • We are experiencing this issue as well for some users but not all.  We recently did an SMS push of the .114 build of the Conferencing add-in and LM client.  MS Support always says the conf add-in can become corrupt and do what Lu Zou mentions here.  I understand your response that uninstalling, manually whacking a dll and reinstalling is not a workable resolution everytime this comes up.  So, I too am looking for a more automated way to deal with this.  The SMS package mentioned, I had baked this into the build to uninstall all previous versions of Conf Addin, remove with script the lmxp32.dll file as it was not getting cleaned up on uninstall. As well as deleting reg key for: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Microsoft.LiveMeeting.Addins]
    Then the package did the install and as added measure, specified reg key manually for:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Microsoft.LiveMeeting.Addins]
    "LoadBehavior"=dword:00000003

All this safeguard and still have this issue on some machines, I'm not sure what percent (maybe 1% and doesn't seem to matter if Outlook 2003 SP3 or Outlook 2007).  It's as if the Conf Addin will not enable and register properly with the Outlook profile.  Starting trying to see if recreating the Outlook profile will help but that doesn't so far seem to be the answer either.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:54 PM
  • I followed this step by step and still have a problem. When I have the add-in enabled, Outlook crashes, everytime. WinXP SP 3 with Office 2007 SP 2. Anything further on this issue?
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:39 PM
  • Couple things to try...

1) In Outlook, Help --> Office Diagnostics  just to make sure any issues cleaned up with Office

2) Disable all other Outlook add-ins except Conferencing add-in and see if Outlook will start okay?  If so, try adding back each add-in one at a time till figure which one is conflicting with Conf addin.

Monday, October 18, 2010 3:18 PM
  • What exactly is conference centre name? i was expecting to just be able to talk to anyone on this who has the same system, call them up and talk. Just like on skype or a Webinar.

If i need to have a new conference name everytime i talk to someone it really defeats the purpose of the sytem.

Thanks

Keith 

Friday, December 09, 2011 2:42 AM
  • Hi,

I tried many options which did not help me. Let me try Lu Zou's suggestions.

Will update on the status.

Shashi

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:50 PM