none
BPOS migration

Question

• Hi,

We are planning to do a Active directory & Exchange demerger wherein one of the domains in a given forest is going to be migrated to a new forest using ADMT. In the new forest, we planning to provision BPOS for email services. Can someone advice a best approach here. Im wondering on when should I do the actula BPOS migration, should it be before ADMT migration or after that.

If I do the BPOS migration before ADMT migration, how will BPOS Didr sync tool work in the new forest post migration.

If I do the BPOS migration after ADMT migration, How will dir sync tool understand the fact that the users in new forest have the mailboxes in the old forest and do the migration from the old exchange forest to the BPOS. 

Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You will need to do the BPOS migration after then ADMT migration; as long as your users have mailboxes in the old forest with an SMTP address that matches that of the user account in BPOS the MS Mail Migration Tool will be able to match the accounts.

Feel free to contact me if this needs clarifying.

Pete.

Peter Kempton | Thinkscape - the Online Services Experts | SharePoint Online File Migration Tool | Catch me on Twitter
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:42 AM

All replies