none
Live Meeting Set-up Poll questions in advance and save them

Question

• I understand I can insert my poll questions within my PPT by doing the following: 

Upload your PPTX files

2.         Right click the PPT page after which you want to insert the poll question page and click “insert new page”à”poll”

3.         Create the poll questions as you need

However, I want to be able to do this the day before my meeting and save it and then reuse the PPT with integrated poll questions  for my next meeting without having to redo everything each time - can you help???

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:36 PM

Answers

• If you are modifying the PPT inside of the Live Meeting, then those modifications are exclusive that Live Meeting.

This is because you cannot download a copy of the uploaded document - nor any of the changes you have made to it since the upload.

You will need to make the polls beforehand and upload it with the polls in place each time.
    • Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Thursday, April 02, 2009 7:17 AM
    Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:26 AM

All replies

• If you are modifying the PPT inside of the Live Meeting, then those modifications are exclusive that Live Meeting.

This is because you cannot download a copy of the uploaded document - nor any of the changes you have made to it since the upload.

You will need to make the polls beforehand and upload it with the polls in place each time.
    • Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Thursday, April 02, 2009 7:17 AM
    Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:26 AM
  • Hey, I have the same question, and just asked the IT SME, he doesn't know the answer, so... communicate, Microsoft!

Now what we need to kow is how to make the polls beforehand and upload them each time.

I understand you saying we need to, but HOW?
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 11:14 PM
  • What you are asking about is NOT possible if you are using Live Meeting 2007.  The prior version, Live Meeting 2005, had a PowerPoint add-in that allowed you to add your polling slides to the PowerPoint deck - it is still available on the MS Office web site > downloads page for PowerPoint.  Then, you uploaded that deck to PowerPoint and the polling slides appeared where you inserted them.  However, with Live Meeting 2007 this add-in does not work.  Furthermore, every Microsoft page I have ever looked at is completely silent on the availablility of this same add-in for PowerPoint 2007 (and I have looked long and hard for it).  The answer "You will need to make the polls beforehand and upload it with the polls in place each time." given previously by michaelhhlmecs WILL NOT work if you are using Live Meeting 2007.

Monday, November 30, 2009 5:24 PM
  • To make sure I understand you correctly, Live Meeting 2007 lacks a feature in an earlier version and in other competitive tools like WebEx, to create in advance Polls and to save the Poll results? Wow!
    Monday, August 16, 2010 9:27 PM
  • Just to clarify, Bcher, LM2007 does allow you to create polls in advance of your meeting and save the poll results for analysis. You would do this using Shmoo2501's method which integrates the poll within the PPT. Or create it as a separate resource (Content > Share > Poll). Both of these methods occur within LiveMeeting.

What the LM2005 PPT add-in did (which was wonderful!) was allow you to create your poll within PowerPoint, as StephenMeisner describes. This way, because it was just a PPT presentation, you could "recycle" it by uploading it to as many meetings you wanted, and you didn't have to type in the same poll question and answers over and over.

• Proposed as answer by ekwihs Monday, November 01, 2010 11:44 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:27 PM
  • The only circumvention that I have found is to create your poll slides in PP2005 and export the presentation to a .lmp file format. This format can be imported into a LM2007 presentation, but only by an administrator. Why PPT2007 doesn't have a plugin like 2005 is a mystery. There should be an easier way Microsoft.
    Monday, November 01, 2010 11:50 AM
  • It can be done in PPT2007, I just uploaded a set of polling questions a few minutes ago.  Here's how I did it:

1. You need the LiveMeeting 2005 console installed on your PC. You can have both it and the LM 2007 console installed at the same time.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=1218c09c-7aa3-4b3a-82b4-e7a3a40725ec 

2. You need to install the LM Powerpoint add in.  This will install in PPT2007.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=9686EF25-856E-4C5C-BC46-C41D0F1A7AA5&displaylang=en

After doing the above, open PPT and create a new presentation.  Use the addin to create a polling slide (or slides) and be sure to use the addin's properties box to edit the polling slide.

Save the presentation.  After saving the presentation, use the addin to export the polling slides to a LMP formatted file.  After exporting the file, use the LiveMeeting web page to upload the LMP file for your meeting.

Open your meeting to verify the poll questions open and can be answered.

Hope that helps.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:34 PM
  • "You need to install the LM Powerpoint add in.  This will install in PPT2007." Problem - this doesn't seem to work if you're on Windows 7. It is really crazy that MS doesn't provide a solution after all these years. It's like they don't support the service.

Monday, July 25, 2011 10:49 PM
  • Does anyone know if this get's better (possible) with Lync?

Bonuse question: I'd like to also be able to export my whiteboard sessions as PPT's.. :)

Caleb Jenkins - Dallas, TX http://developingUX.com

Thursday, June 07, 2012 4:11 PM