none
Microsoft Online Services outage

General discussion

• Anybody else experiencing an outage with Microsoft Online Services.  I called 1-866-441-8425 and got a busy signal.  Then I went online to submit a request and when I clicked on the support tab I received a server error/server busy message.  The problem I have is when the Sign-in application tries to login I get "Service is unavailable" message.
    • Changed type Chad Deason Monday, August 23, 2010 6:19 PM
    Monday, August 23, 2010 2:12 PM

All replies

• Yeah. Same problem. Since about 8:30 EDT, the MOS client has not been able to establish a connection. I am not able to open a support ticket since I cannot get into the Admin site either. I get a busy signal when I call too.  Outlook Web Access is working thankfully.

Monday, August 23, 2010 2:19 PM
  • Same here. Wow, incredible. Come on Microsoft, at least put a general msg out!
    Monday, August 23, 2010 2:33 PM
  • I was able to create a trouble ticket and just got a call from Microsoft. They're blaming server upgrades for the slowness and downtime. They'll call back when they have a time frame for completion. The upgrade excuse is probably less than truthful.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 2:34 PM
  • Same here - but not for everyone! We have 3 offices in 3 couties across Delaware and at least one person in each can't sign in through the Single Sign-In. they get the same "Service is unavailable message." I'm also unable to get to the Administrator page to see status.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 2:34 PM
  • I was able to contact someone through the chat support. They gave me this site for updates and announcements. https://rss.microsoftonline.com/feeds.aspx?center=default&chan=notifications&lang=en-us

Monday, August 23, 2010 2:36 PM
  • At least it isn't our computers here... but this needs to be fixed ASAP. 

Monday, August 23, 2010 2:38 PM
  • Vicky, If they reboot the computer or sign out of the Sign-in application they might not get in.  I did finally get through on the phone and they said the problem is just with the Sign-in application and that OWA is working properly.  Some of my users that had already loggeg in early this morning are still working fine.  But if they sign out then I doubt they will get back in using the Outlook client.

Monday, August 23, 2010 2:46 PM
  • Everyone in my company is just now able to reconnect! Hopefully it stays this way.

Monday, August 23, 2010 2:57 PM
  • It took us a while longer, but I believe we are all in now.  Thanks!
    Monday, August 23, 2010 3:16 PM