none
Office 365 service provider

Question

• Hi,

We are a Microsoft Gold partner and planning to provide an
    Exchange and SharePoint Services to our customers. So, how can we become an
    Office 365 service provider using our private cloud?

Thanks

Amjed

Friday, March 02, 2012 5:46 PM

All replies

• Amjed --

It is not possible to deploy the Office 365 platform to a private cloud environment, Microsoft is not licensing the specific technology they use to provide the Office 365 service.

If you want to host Exchange and SharePoint in your own datacenter for customers, you'll need to base your environment on the Server versions of the products and implement your own hosting-oriented framework around it to provide a hosting experience for your customers. This can be done, and is done by many hosting providers today. As for the specifics of how to do this, that's a pretty deep topic and its going to vary depending on the platform. I don't know Exchange, so beyond the fact that I know it's done quite a bit I don't know how its actually done. With SharePoint 2010, multi-tenancy is one of the new features added into the product that will help with enabling it, I'd suggest by starting with a look at that functionality.

But I'm sorry to say that there isn't an installer or anything for you to run to set up an Office 365 environment locally in your own environment.

John

MCITP and MCTS: SharePoint, Virtualization, Project Server 2007
    My books on Amazon: The SharePoint 2010 Disaster Recovery Guide and The SharePoint 2007 Disaster Recovery Guide.
    My blog: My Central Admin.

Friday, March 02, 2012 7:10 PM
  • Thanks John,

In this case , if I need to provide office 365 service to our customers, what should I do?

Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:54 AM
  • If you want to become an Office 365 partner start by going here: http://www.microsoftcloudpartner.com/us/default.aspx

You can get there through https://partner.microsoft.com as well.

Dan

www.insecurityinc.info

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:16 PM