none
Windows RT Support

Question

• Will there be a live meeting app for windows rt devices. if so what is the ETA. also will they have the ability to host and present content from the rt device?

in the meantime is there any way to access a live meeting on an rt device currently?

Monday, December 31, 2012 5:41 AM

All replies

• Will there be a live meeting app for windows rt devices. if so what is the ETA. also will they have the ability to host and present content from the rt device?

in the meantime is there any way to access a live meeting on an rt device currently?

I'd also like to know if an Windows Store app will be produced for Live Meeting
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:16 PM

I'd also like to know if an Windows Store app will be produced for Live Meeting

Is there any news on this?  I'm kinda surprised tether is not a work around to for live meeting on my Surface RT until and if a true Windows 8/RT app comes out.  Can I use a web based solution to attend a live meeting?  Or does not have Java support on Windows RT block that route as well?

Monday, December 02, 2013 7:20 PM
  • Upvote on this one!

As a workaround, I am using remote desktop to a Windows 7 machine to access LiveMeeting, but performance is not great, and some features are unusable, like video.

I realize Microsoft is focused on Lync at this point, but there is still a significant LiveMeeting footprint out there; I run into it at various companies, as well as my own.

I suspect that an ARM recompile of the client as a desktop app would b fairly straightforward, but it would be good to get Microsoft to let us know if there is any hope of an RT client.

Thanks,

Mike 

Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:59 PM