none
How to migrate from another hosted Exchange provider

Question

• I currently use another hosted Exchange service. What is the best way to migrate to Microsoft Online? I only have two mailboxes that need to be migrated. Can I (should I) use the Microsoft Online Services Migration Tool with another hosted Exchange service, or is it simpler to export and import .pst files? If using .pst files is the way to go, is there a KB article that spells out the exact steps to take?

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:35 AM

Answers

• For 2 mailboxes I would probably just spend $20 and use migrationwiz.com.  The Microsoft Migration Tool is hit or miss when it comes to hosted migrations.  It usually does work, but I think for 2 mailboxes migrationwiz.com would make more sense.

I would try and avoid going the PST route, the messages may not be reply-able after the migration.

Chad

Chad Mosman, MessageOps | www.MessageOps.com
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:06 PM

All replies

• I am in the same boat, any help would be great.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:50 AM
  • For 2 mailboxes I would probably just spend $20 and use migrationwiz.com.  The Microsoft Migration Tool is hit or miss when it comes to hosted migrations.  It usually does work, but I think for 2 mailboxes migrationwiz.com would make more sense.

I would try and avoid going the PST route, the messages may not be reply-able after the migration.

Chad

Chad Mosman, MessageOps | www.MessageOps.com
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:06 PM