none
Laptop vs desktop: I do a lot of uploading/downloading

Question

• I do a lot of uploading of videos to put our TV shows on our Web Site.  I have a Laptop but my desktop that I used for most downloading/uploading is dead.  On the desktop I can upload, etc and turn the monitor off.  Now that I have only my laptop, I must leave it actively lit for hours.  To purchase another good desktop is expensive so I am opting to use my laptop extensively.  Am I only fooling myself?  I need advice because I am limited in funds and the simplest is not always the reality.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 5:18 AM

Answers

• I do a lot of uploading of videos to put our TV shows on our Web Site.  I have a Laptop but my desktop that I used for most downloading/uploading is dead.  On the desktop I can upload, etc and turn the monitor off.  Now that I have only my laptop, I must leave it actively lit for hours.  To purchase another good desktop is expensive so I am opting to use my laptop extensively.  Am I only fooling myself?  I need advice because I am limited in funds and the simplest is not always the reality.

This forum is for hosted Microsoft Exchange services. I would try to point you to the right forum, but I am not sure if there is one here since your question is more hardware/performance related and these forums are specific to Microsoft products and technologies. I am not sure what you are looking for here...if your laptop isn't cutting it performance wise then you either have to upgrade, buy something new, or live with what you have.
    Tim Harrington | MVP: Exchange | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010, MCITP: Lync 2010, MCITP: Server 2008, MCTS: OCS | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington
    Friday, July 22, 2011 5:47 AM