none
Live Meeting addin not connecting

Question

• I have windows XP, Internet Explore 6, Office 2010 and live meeting 2007, The problem is that when I test the connection Live Meeting Outlook Add In it doesn't work I get an error " A connection could not be established. Please check lthe live meeting or portal URL and try again." Once I update to Interet Explorer 8 it works, but I cannot update to IE8 because of Company policies, so what could be causing this behaivior? besides Update to IE8, is there another solution?

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• I've seen somethng similar using the LM service. We recently went to IE8 and some users reported issues that mirror yours above. I noticed that when we tried to hit the portal URL over a browser, it took an exceptionally long time to connect.....but eventually did. When we tried to configure the add-in, several users would get the same issue, connection could nto be established. For us, a reinstall of IE8 on those few machines resolved the issue. Accessing the portal URL via a browser was much faster and the add-in was able to connect without issue. Not sure if the add-in has some sort of timeout associated with it or what the value is.
    Tuesday, August 02, 2011 7:39 PM
  • Try resetting the IE by:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Thanks,

Simon

Saturday, August 06, 2011 3:24 PM
  • Unfortunately we can't do that as there are multiple GPO's applied for IE. Is there any setting within that should be enabled or disabled? Thanks!

Friday, August 31, 2012 6:50 PM