none
How remove Out of Office Assistant message from personal note

Question

• After creating an Out of Office Assistant message by using date/time ranges, the OOO message will display in the personal note of Communicator.  HOwever, once the date/time has passed for the OOO message, it will still be displayed in Communicator.  The only way I can seem to remove it is by entering a new message in the personal note area.

BTW-  is there a way to have a blank personal note?  It seems that once you put something in there, you must always have something in there.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 7:31 PM

Answers

• Hello!

This is a known issue for Communicator 2007 R2 when used with Office Communications Online.  There is currently no fix for the issue, and this is being investigated by Microsoft Online Services Support.

To clear the message, close Communicator for the user that previously had the Out of Office (OOF) notification set, then re-open Communicator.  This should clear the OOF notification in Communicator.  Otherwise, please feel free to submit a Service Request so MS Online Services Technical Support can investigate this further.

Todd D | Tier III Support Engineer | Microsoft Online Services Technical Support
    Thursday, June 03, 2010 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hello!

This is a known issue for Communicator 2007 R2 when used with Office Communications Online.  There is currently no fix for the issue, and this is being investigated by Microsoft Online Services Support.

To clear the message, close Communicator for the user that previously had the Out of Office (OOF) notification set, then re-open Communicator.  This should clear the OOF notification in Communicator.  Otherwise, please feel free to submit a Service Request so MS Online Services Technical Support can investigate this further.

Todd D | Tier III Support Engineer | Microsoft Online Services Technical Support
    Thursday, June 03, 2010 3:49 AM
  • Hi,

Is this issue still investigated by Microsoft?

We have a lot of clients suffering from this issue (OC 2007 R2).

Regards,
    Axel

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

we are also having same issues here.

the puzzling part is it is affecting only certain users.

is Microsoft looking into this?

Thanks

GSD

Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:08 AM
  • I would assume, since the environment will be closed down in ~4 months, the OCO/OC client issue will not be handled since you will be using Lync Online before too long.

Have a great day,

Dan

www.insecurityinc.info

Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:25 PM
  • Still have problem, doesn't matter if I close or open communicator, or reboot.  I wish there was a workaround.  It still shows a message from 2 years ago, regardless of what I put in the Out of Office Assistance

We can't just upgrade our company to Lync.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:13 PM