none
Can I give desktop control to meeting attendants?

Answers

•  

Hi

It is possible to give the control of your computer to an attendant.

When you create a meeting in the LiveMeeting web console, click the box “enable sharing of desktop or single program” under “Additional features” in the “meeting options”.

After you join the meeting as a presenter or organizer, you can give control to attendees by the following steps:

1.     Click “Content” à “share” à “share your desktop”à “All”

2.     Click “Give Control” button (the third button from the left) in the control panel which appears at the top of the screen after you desktop is successfully shared

3.     In the “Give Control” box, select the attendee you want to give control.

Then that attendee can control your desktop. Once you don’t want the attendee have control, just click the same button.

Hope this can help!

Lu Zou 

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 1:15 AM

All replies

• Hello Jesús,

yes this is possible. You can determine if you want to share your whole desktop or only a specified application.
    pls see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc835671.aspx

Q. How do I use application sharing in Live Meeting?

A. There are multiple methods of sharing. You can share information by using one of the following methods:

• Add File to Meeting – This command adds a particular file to the meeting. The file can be viewed or edited.
    • Share an Open Program – This command shares a particular application that is currently open.
    • Share the Desktop – This command shares the whole Desktop together with all open applications.

To share an open program

1. Click Content, and then click Share.

2. Point to Share a Program, and then click the running program that you want to share. Your Live Meeting console enters Sharing mode and the shared program is visible to other meeting participants.

3. To end sharing, click the End Sharing and Return to Meeting Console icon in the Sharing Command bar. This icon appears as a blue arrow.

To share the Desktop

1. On the Content pane, click Share.

2. Point to Share Your Desktop, and then click one of the following options:

1. All – Click this option to share all activity on the Desktop.
      2. Selected Area – Click this option to share a part of the Desktop. This option shares that Desktop activities that appear in the Sharing Frame dialog box. You can move or resize the Sharing Frame dialog box to share a particular area of the Desktop.

During sharing you can give control to the participants that are attending the meeting.

I hope this helps

Martin

Monday, February 16, 2009 2:08 PM
  • Hi,

I think I didn't explain myself very well... I mean, not to only share my desktop, instead, I want to give control om my desktop to the meeting attendants, connected remotelly. Is that possible?

Thanks
    Blog de desarrollo / Development blog
    Monday, February 16, 2009 2:28 PM
  •  

Hi

It is possible to give the control of your computer to an attendant.

When you create a meeting in the LiveMeeting web console, click the box “enable sharing of desktop or single program” under “Additional features” in the “meeting options”.

After you join the meeting as a presenter or organizer, you can give control to attendees by the following steps:

1.     Click “Content” à “share” à “share your desktop”à “All”

2.     Click “Give Control” button (the third button from the left) in the control panel which appears at the top of the screen after you desktop is successfully shared

3.     In the “Give Control” box, select the attendee you want to give control.

Then that attendee can control your desktop. Once you don’t want the attendee have control, just click the same button.

Hope this can help!

Lu Zou 

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 1:15 AM
  • move to in-meeting experience queue
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:06 AM
  • There is no "Give Control" button!!! Here's what you do:

• To promote someone to be a presenter, click on Attendees, right-click a participant, and choose choose Promote to
      Presenter
    • You can give control of the document or desktop you are sharing to another

Was trying to find the same thing & landed on your post. Now hopefully, people searching will get the right answer.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:05 PM