none
Where i can sign up for microsoft online service sign in client?

Soru

• Hi All,

Could anybody know where i can sign up for microsoft online service sign in client? That will be better if sign-up url is available!

Best~

Cherry

• Düzenleyen vCheng 20 Şubat 2012 Pazartesi 09:03
    20 Şubat 2012 Pazartesi 08:59

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Cherry --

You need to purchase licenses for Microsoft's service in order to use tools like this client. The client you're referencing above is related to the first release from Microsoft Online Services, commonly referred to as the Business Productivity Online Suite, or BPOS. Last July Microsoft released the second iteration of that service, and rebranded it as Office 365. This client will not work for Office 365, but there is a similar tool available to provide many of the same functions as the MSO Sign In Client you're showing above. If you wish to purchase seats for Office 365, I would suggest going to http://www.Office365.com for more information on how to buy them. If you think you should have access to an existing BPOS or Office 365 service instance, you will need to work with someone who is an administrator in that instance to have them provision you an account with an appropriate license attached to it for you to use.

John

MCITP and MCTS: SharePoint, Virtualization, Project Server 2007
    My books on Amazon: The SharePoint 2010 Disaster Recovery Guide and The SharePoint 2007 Disaster Recovery Guide.
    My blog: My Central Admin.

20 Şubat 2012 Pazartesi 20:39
  • Hi John,

Thanks for your kindly help! I need a valid ID to log on to Microsoft Online Services sign in client just for a short time, so even a trial version is also ok for me. Do you have any other idear or comments?

21 Şubat 2012 Salı 01:33
  • Well, the problem is that BPOS is no longer available for purchase. You can sign up for an Office 365 trial account, but that would not be compatible with that tool.

Sorry, the problem is that Microsoft is moving its customers off of BPOS and over to Office 365, so you're not going to be able to stand up a new service on BPOS.

John

MCITP and MCTS: SharePoint, Virtualization, Project Server 2007
    My books on Amazon: The SharePoint 2010 Disaster Recovery Guide and The SharePoint 2007 Disaster Recovery Guide.
    My blog: My Central Admin.

21 Şubat 2012 Salı 03:21
  • So... Hmm, i have another question related to what are mentioned on above email. It will be more hepful if any idea you have. :)

As i known, once a user log on to  Microsoft Online Services sign in client, there's a folder created based on the sign in name and the location is C:\Users\vCherry(means the user name who logged on his/her machine)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Sign In\Config\admin@minco.microsoftonline.com(just a sample). This folder may vary depending on the OS

If I remember correctly it would be something like
    XP -> %userprofile%\Local settings\application data\Microsoft\Sign In\Config\user@contoso.com
    Vista & Win7 -> %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Sign In\Config\user@contoso.com 

Do you know if the Bold part are correct? Please feel free to let me know your thoughts even you do not know this question.hah

Best~

Cherry

• Düzenleyen vCherry 21 Şubat 2012 Salı 05:17
    • Yanıt Olarak Öneren Daniel Trautman 14 Mayıs 2012 Pazartesi 20:29
    21 Şubat 2012 Salı 04:14
  • Both are accurate cherry, thanks.

www.insecurityinc.info

14 Mayıs 2012 Pazartesi 20:29