none
Simulring to a Tandberg MOVI Client?

Dotaz

• I have a client that wants to do something that I am pretty sure is unsupported, however I wanted to put it out to the community to see if you agree.

The client has OCS 2007R2 IM&P deployed on acme.com domain and Tangberg (Cisco) VCS with MOVI clients deployed on acme2.com.  From the MOVI side, if a person calls another user it rings both on the MOVI client and the OCS side using a Cisco feature called "find-me".  However, when a COS user calls another OCS client, it only rings the OCS client and not the MOVI.  They would like it to work that if I call john@acme.com, it will ring both john@acme.com and john@acme2.com.   Is that possible?  And if it is, would it require a ECAL?

Thanks in advance.

16. února 2012 18:44

Všechny reakce

• Hi,

Just to get an idea, can you explain the integration between the Cisco and Lync is done? is it done using the DIrect SIP?

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

17. února 2012 3:08
  • Yes, direct SIP. And I was mistaken in the original thread, this is OCS 2007R2.
    17. února 2012 17:54
  • in that sace, you have confirmed that inbound calls to OCS from CISCO side is working and i'm sure that they can generate calls from OCS client to CISCO side as well. Have you test it by configuring a CISCO extention to symul ring with OCS client? as long as the customer's CISCO hardware is in the MS interop list, it shold work fine.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ocs/bb735838

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

18. února 2012 4:46
  • Hi,

Can you call COS user from OCS client with extension?

If yes, You can configure simultaneously ring on ocs client.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

21. února 2012 6:43
  • Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.  This is not the answer because it's not a phone number, it's a SIP address.  You can't simulring a SIP address.  After looking into this further, it appears the only way we are going to get this to work is to get the tandberg devices to register with Lync.  I will post a complete solution once it's done.

28. února 2012 2:10