none
Workgroup machines can make internal calls

Dotaz

• We seem to be having a very odd issue in our test rollout environment.

Machines that are on the domain are unable to make or receive internal calls.

Machines that are not on the domain can call each other but again domain joined machines do not show anything.

All machines are able to make external calls.

15. února 2012 12:16

Odpovědi

• Apologies for the late reply.

I was working with MS to resolve this and it led me to wonder why domain joined machines weren't working.  Looking in the GPO one of our x "hot shot" engineers had added a custom OCS template into the default domain policy.

As soon as that was removed presto!

Thanks for the help

23. února 2012 12:47

Všechny reakce

• Hi Stephen,

Can you check the internal root certificate CA on internal and external machines ?

Internal domain joined machine will get root CA automatically and workgroup machines does't. It might be a certificfate issue.

Thanks

Saleesh

15. února 2012 13:19
  • Hi Saleesh,

We manually installed the certificates onto the workgroup machines.  Both have the same certificate issued.

Regards

Steve

15. února 2012 13:53
  • Ok , how is the network setup for work group and domain joined machines ?  Are they below to same VLAN ?

• Hope you had opened all TCP/UDP ports for calls between VLANs if they are distributed across sites.
    • Can you enable UCCP logging on source and destination machine and let us know about the error if any ?
    • Do you have a local proxy , firewall between domain joined machines ?
    • Are you able to make peer/peer call with in same VLAN ?

Thanks

15. února 2012 14:10
  • All machines are on the same VLAN and IP range.  IM works without any issues between them.

There're no proxies set and we've turned all firewalls off.

We can make peer-peer calls between workgroup machines but not for the domain machines.

I've been trying to look through the logs but they're quite large and I'm not really sure what I'm looking at.  I can attach a section if you wish.

Regards

15. února 2012 15:24
  • I've looked through the SIP tracing logs and it seems that non domain machines when called it runs the invite to sip:+44xxxxxxx;ext=xxx rather than domain to domain which has the SIP usernames in.

Regards

15. února 2012 17:14
  • Have you configured enterprise voice or normalization rule for Lync ??  Are you making lync to lync call or PSTN call from Lync machine ??

I was wodering as invite being sent to PSTN URI rather than SIP.

16. února 2012 12:29
  • Do you authenticate with SIP address on Lync client? Do you put the root CA on computer account and the trusted root CA?
    16. února 2012 12:58
  • Hi Stephen,

Any update?

While making calls between domain users, have you got any error message?

Please try to use Snooper tool to view analyse the call failures.

In addition, provide another troubleshooting guide for reference. Hope helps.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

21. února 2012 12:14
  • Apologies for the late reply.

I was working with MS to resolve this and it led me to wonder why domain joined machines weren't working.  Looking in the GPO one of our x "hot shot" engineers had added a custom OCS template into the default domain policy.

As soon as that was removed presto!

Thanks for the help

23. února 2012 12:47