none
(0x80040102) When trying to send or recieve POP/SMTP mail

Frage

• I was previously running Windows 7 and Office 2010 and had Outlook configured identical to the configuration I'm using now.  I'm now receiving (0x80040102) error when sending mail to and from internet mail providers configured in new system configuration - Windows 8 and Office 2013.  From what I have read, it appears to be an issue with the ActiveSync.
    Sonntag, 20. Januar 2013 08:01

Antworten

• I and fully understand the inconvenience that brings to you. It's a limitation of the ActiveSync protocol in Outlook 2013 currently. Since Outlook 2013 doesn't support Outloot hotmail connector anymore, there might be no workaround I can think of. Somebody has degraded Outlook version and waiting the hotmail package of Outlook 2013.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Montag, 28. Januar 2013 07:46

Alle Antworten

• First try to solve this like mentioned in the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978965/en-us

Regards,

Sascha

Sonntag, 20. Januar 2013 15:15
  • To give more insight into my situation:

Outlook: 2013 - Configured to use HOTMAIL

GMail: using POP and SMTP - This is done because I deliver all mail to my HOTMAIL INBOX by default and then move the mail into subfolders for management/archive

Sonntag, 20. Januar 2013 18:52
  • Try these:

1. Test in Outlook safe mode and check if we still receive the error code. "Outlook.exe /safe"

2. Disable AVG/firewall to check whether the security programs block the port.

3. Fix your PST file through SCANPST.exe tool

4. Create a new profile to test the result.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Montag, 21. Januar 2013 08:23
  • Sorry the steps mentioned above did not work. I'm still receiving the following error: 
    Task 'TradersTrackingTool@gmail.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80040102) : 'The requested operation cannot be performed on this account'

I only get this error when attempting to deliver mail from any internet mail provider that involves delivery of mail to a subfolder located within the Hotmail mail folder structure.

Dienstag, 22. Januar 2013 19:54
  • Do you mean you are using Hotmail with EAS profile?

This behavoir should be by design. We cannot move the item from other internet mailbox or Exchange mailbox into the EAS profile due to Exchange ActiveSync doesn't support this.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2013 09:15
  • Do you mean you are using Hotmail with EAS profile?

This behavoir should be by design. We cannot move the item from other internet mailbox or Exchange mailbox into the EAS profile due to Exchange ActiveSync doesn't support this.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

If that is the case, what would you consider a work around?  In the past I used Office 2010 with the Hotmail connector to deliver mail to subfolders as part of my Outlook profile.  ie:  Outlook was configured with Hotmail using the connector as the primary data file but used GMail as the primary mail account. In this configuration, GMail's mail was delivered to the Inbox in Hotmail.

Thanks

Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2013 17:14
  • I and fully understand the inconvenience that brings to you. It's a limitation of the ActiveSync protocol in Outlook 2013 currently. Since Outlook 2013 doesn't support Outloot hotmail connector anymore, there might be no workaround I can think of. Somebody has degraded Outlook version and waiting the hotmail package of Outlook 2013.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Montag, 28. Januar 2013 07:46
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2013 03:19
  • Hi,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.
    If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Montag, 4. Februar 2013 01:14
  • The issue is ongoing.  As a temporary work-around, I installed Outlook 2010.
    Freitag, 8. Februar 2013 00:48
  • I just encountered this same error code trying to use Outlook 2013 to connect with my ISP mailbox as I used to in Outlook 2010. I had Outlook set up to sync with Hotmail and trying to add another ISP account and receive mail from it gave this error.

I finally figured a work around. Open up the account settings for the additional ISP mail account, and go to the Change Folder option. In the next dialog box, choose New Outlook Data File instead of the Folder button. In the next dialog box, give a new name to this file, perhaps naming it after your ISP mail provider. This will establish a separate Outlook Data File that will be separate from your Hotmail connected file.

Your ISP incoming mail should now be received in this new data file without the error code. This mail will have its own inbox separate from the Hotmail inbox under Outlook.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen nelsonmckinnon Mittwoch, 23. Oktober 2013 09:38
    Dienstag, 30. Juli 2013 06:44
  • Worked perfectly...Many Thanks Michael. :-)
    Sonntag, 15. September 2013 22:06
  • Thanks a lot, Michael!

Hong

Dienstag, 12. November 2013 17:52
  • You missed the OP issue: OP wants everything in ONE data file; in the Hotmail Inbox subfolders. HENCE THE POST. 

"This is done because I deliver all mail to my HOTMAIL INBOX by default and then move the mail into subfolders for management/archive"

Your "workaround" completely misses the boat!

Thanks, Queenie (:)

• Bearbeitet QueenieJ Montag, 17. März 2014 22:13
    Montag, 17. März 2014 22:06