none
Lync 2010 Client will not login "Cannot sign in because the server is Temporarily unavailable"

Frage

• Good morning I am setting up a test environment for Lync so we can evaluate the product. I have setup the following VM servers,  2008 DC, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, standard and a two Windows 7 client. I have gone through all the Deploymnet wizard and performed all the Prep work on the schema and forest and domain. plus followed the deployment GUI installing the topology and publishing that also Installing the first standard edition server. I had to install a CA on my 2008 DC so I could request and assign certificates. All services are started on my Lync server and I have enabled my test users for IM via the Lync server control panel but my test client are still not logging in.

Can anyone please help me with this as I am new to Lync and I would like to test this product for my company.

Thank you

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011 10:51

Antworten

• Hi,

Have you setup DNS SRV records for automatic sign in or are you manually pointing your clients to the lync server?

Is the client machine you are trying to sign in from on the same domain as the deployment?

thanks

Tom

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe: RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    • Als Antwort markiert Stuartkl1 Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011 16:02
    Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011 13:26

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

Have you setup DNS SRV records for automatic sign in or are you manually pointing your clients to the lync server?

Is the client machine you are trying to sign in from on the same domain as the deployment?

thanks

Tom

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    • Als Antwort markiert Stuartkl1 Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011 16:02
    Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011 13:26
  • I have setup the DNS SRV record, I have also tried changing the client to point to the server via netbios name and then IP address.

All the Virtual Machines I have setup are in the same Domain .

Sorry if I am missing something but I just can not work out why the client will not connect?

Sorry issue was as above, SRV had an extre letter in

Thanks very much for your help

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011 14:12
  •  

Great, glad you got it sorted :-)

cheers

Tom

Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011 19:32
  • if you cannot login lync at clients, the easy method to check whether you have setup the correct DNS SRV is that:

1.       At the command prompt, type nslookup and then press ENTER.

2.       Type set type=srv, and then press ENTER.

3.       Type _sipinternaltls._tcp.example.com, and then press ENTER. Then check that you can get srv hostname message.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Mark Brislane Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2012 11:49
    Freitag, 27. Mai 2011 05:44
  • Hi guys, I am having same trouble the error message is general which is " cannot sign becaus ethe server is temp....."

this is just a test env and i have DC and exchange on same VM, Lync 2010 is on diffrent VM..no errrors while setting up DC/DNS/Exchange and Lync 2010...everything worked great.

i have a lync 2010 client loaded on my DNS as well as Lync machine but cannot login

i performed above nslookup test and it comes back with srv hostname response

what else should i look ..this is driving me crazy....as i am almost there but still so far...:)

help !!

Sonntag, 1. Juli 2012 16:02
  • I am finally able to make this work... it has been very painful to troubleshoot the things..splly as i am new to MS UC world..

all the time while i was doing troubleshooting i was thinking about this and it turned out to be certificate isssue.. windows event viewwer continue to error about DNS and i spent almost two days searching all issues concernring DNS..

anyway i reran lync deployment wizard and requested certificate..when i ran this first time i assigned the certificate instead of requesting.

Below youtube video turned out to be very useful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsHPy2W4yxA&feature=related

I must say it was great joy to make this work finally...all alone and first time !!

Beer time !!!

Montag, 2. Juli 2012 19:40