none
How to downgrade Visio Premium 2010 to Standard so I can use a product key

Frage

• Last year I downloaded a trial of Visio Premium 2010.  It's expired.  My company has a product key for Visio STANDARD 2010.  I'm assuming that's why the key says it's invalid when I try to enter it as the product key for my expired Premium trial. 

If the edition is what's causing it to not validate my key, how do I find a download for Visio Pro 2010 so I can enter the key for that?  I've searched for a couple days and am only finding trials for premium 2010, 2013, etc.  The only Visio that's part of Office is a viewer.  I need to do more than view.  I also read somewhere that using Add/Remove programs, you can somehow downgrade to Pro, but have yet to figure out how to do that.  When I click change, it gives me the usual options of repair, remove, add features, upgrade...  When I try to enter the product key in the upgrade option, it doesn't like it of course.

If my problem is not because of my key, is there something else I need to do?

If it is the product key I have, where can I download a copy of Visio Professional 2010 so I can use my key....??

Thank you for a prompt response.

Dana

Donnerstag, 4. April 2013 16:19

Antworten

• Your company can provide you with a copy of the Visio installation media :)

It's likely that your company has a Volume Licensing agreement, and, they have provided you with a MAK product key (MAK product keys are the VL subtype of key), perhaps the publicly downloadable trial copies are all Retail types, and your VL MAK product key may not be acceptable with this Retail media.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Freitag, 5. April 2013 09:22

Alle Antworten

• Hi Dana,

Please download the Visio Standard 2010 from the link below:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-backup-FX101853122.aspx

PS. The evaluation copy could only be activated with the trial product key. To install the Visio Standard 2010, pelase remove the trial version first.

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Freitag, 5. April 2013 05:49

It's likely that your company has a Volume Licensing agreement, and, they have provided you with a MAK product key (MAK product keys are the VL subtype of key), perhaps the publicly downloadable trial copies are all Retail types, and your VL MAK product key may not be acceptable with this Retail media.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Freitag, 5. April 2013 09:22

Don

You are right, Don. Thanks for the prompt.

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Freitag, 5. April 2013 09:34
  • Thank you all for the references.  Of course, the Office download only contains the Visio viewer.  I need the edition that allows me to create and edit, etc. I've inquired of my manager (company owner) of the install media, and I'm wondering if we even have any as he hasn't responded.  I'm starting to think he gave me the Office key not realizing that Office only contains the viewer and not the full version.  Once I confirm we don't already have a proper Visio key, I'll probably proceed with purchasing one. 

Thank you!

Dana

Dienstag, 9. April 2013 14:32