none
Outlook format changes

Frage

• Hi, when i send an email from outlook 2010 (Exchange 2010) with some excel data (contains columns & Rows) to our client email id who is using outlook 2003, we are loosing the gridlines of excel data. Our outgoing emails go through Postini. Can somebody help me on how to troubleshoot the issue?

Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2013 19:10

Alle Antworten

• Please be ensure that you did not send email with plain text format. If yes, change it to HTML format.

Log onto the account through Web-based Access to check if the gridlines of excel data is visiable. thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Freitag, 11. Januar 2013 07:40
  • We have made sure that format is set to HTML and also tried sending from Webmail. while sending data is good. But on the recepient side it is removing the grid lines. We have 2 domains with 2 different exchange 2010 servers. Here is the scenario.

Domain A : Exchange 2010 is mapped to public IP to send out emails directly to external domains. When sending from this domain, email with excel data is sent to the client email id with out changes.

Domain B : We have issue while sending from this domain. Here when we send out an email to external domains, email flows through ZIX server (encryption) and then it goes out to internet through positini. We also do a spam check for our outgoing emails. Hence, when the email is received at the recepients end, email loses its format and we lose gridlines and the signature scrambles.

Let me know if this helps.

iHT-iS

Freitag, 11. Januar 2013 12:27
  • Can anyone help me to understand will the receiving end changes the format of email? As explained in the issue, client system is Exchange 2003 and sender is using Exchange 2010. When sender sends any excel data copied in the email body with gridlines, at the receiving end, we lose all the gridlines.

Will receiving exchange server changes the formatof the email? how can i troubleshoot this?

iHT-iS

Donnerstag, 25. April 2013 08:39
  • The difference is see on the recepient side when i open the email and look for View source

from working email system = Source formatting is HTML

<html>
    <head>

From non working email system = xml

<html xmlns:

Any suggestions are any settings changes required on our non working email system?

iHT-iS

Freitag, 26. April 2013 13:14