none
Outlook/MSN - IMAP/Connector Sync Issue

Frage

• I'm not a big MSN mail user so bear with me...

I have a user using an outlook client to connect to her personal email (which works just fine). In addition to that - she has her outlook.com email account being checked/synced through it as well. The settings seem to specify it's IMAP - she also has the Connector installed.

She's finding that emails deleted through webmail are showing up as deleted in the client - as it should. The issue is that emails deleted through the client are not deleted in her webmail.

If it's any help - she seems to be grandfathered into a $60/yr plan for that account.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Donnerstag, 2. Mai 2013 22:04

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• If she is using the Outlook Connector, she is not using imap, it's a MAPI account.  Mail she deletes in the MSN folders in Outlook may take a few minutes to sync, but they should eventually delete. Do they delete online if she Shift+Deletes the messages?

Oh, and check for sync errors in the Sync Errors folder - they may hold a clue to the problem.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Freitag, 3. Mai 2013 03:45
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information above was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2013 01:26
  • Hi,
    I'm marking Diane's reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.
    If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Montag, 13. Mai 2013 01:48