none
Sending messages with no message in Outbox

Frage

• My question is related to Outlook 2003 installed on Windows XP SP3.

All the available updates are installed.

Outlook is used to send/receive messages using public mail services via pure POP3/SMTP.

When I press "Send/Receive" I see in the lower right corner a message that sounds like "Sending message 1 of 7".

However, I don't see any message in the Outbox folder.

I presume (I am not sure) that the 7 messages are old messages related to accounts no more available.

How can I inspect and clean the SMTP queue, given the Outbox folder looks empty?

Regards

marius

Sonntag, 20. Januar 2013 10:58

Antworten

• Hi,

It shows the Outlook accounts' sending/receiving status. It was not related to the messages' status.

Since you have checked there is no message stuck in the Outbox, the process should be completed correctly.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Montag, 21. Januar 2013 02:47

Alle Antworten

• I thing that you're talking about connections status. One for Import, 2nd for Export messages. You have #7. So you've 3 account and one RSS.

Am I right?

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

Sonntag, 20. Januar 2013 19:00
  • Hi,

It shows the Outlook accounts' sending/receiving status. It was not related to the messages' status.

Since you have checked there is no message stuck in the Outbox, the process should be completed correctly.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang

Montag, 21. Januar 2013 02:47
  • Do you allow the automatic sending of read receipts etc?

Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
    Outlook Import/Export Hints/Tips
    Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010 - ContactGenie.com

Montag, 21. Januar 2013 14:39
  • Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Best Regards,

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Rex Zhang

Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2013 08:32