none
Lync for a 500+ Seat Call Center

Frage

• We are considering replacing our legacy PBX with Lync as our primary voice and multimedia (email and chat) call center solution. We currently have a traditional system ( fill in the name here ) that provides both voice and email contacts to a call center of about 500+ agents. 

We use a robust system that provides the entire litany of call center capabilities:

1) skills based, language based, time of day and day of week/holiday routing with emphasis on "menu choice" type routing
    2) detailed historical reporting (and I mean detailed). This is a biggie. We currently run over 75 types of reports in about 20 different groups in our organization.
    3) integration with work force management systems
    4) call monitoring integration (embedded in the system we use but currently using a 3rd party system)
    5) IVR
    6) Average call traffic is about 7k calls a day inbound and 1500 outbound.

I am not getting the feeling that Lync is here yet on these capabilities. Is there an argument against this feeling?

With all do respect to those sales teams that want to jump in here and promise me Valhalla for our call center solution, I would much prefer to hear from other customers in my situation, OR from engineers that can speak to my layout.

Thanks in advance.  

Dienstag, 19. Juni 2012 16:24

Antworten

• Hi,

Lync it self does not have the capability of having a contact center of such magnatude and features. also there is ASPECT Contact, but that also can go up to max 100 users.

There's a 3rd party built contact center solution called MAX ACD by Altigen which was recommended by Microsoft as a contact center sotution on top of Lync. it has all the featueres that you require and highly scalable and customizable. i'll sahare you the contact information if your interested.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012 05:33
  • Hi,

The Lync Server Response Group Service provides some capabilities what you want. More about Lync Server Response Group, please read this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd425277(v=office.13).aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012 07:57
  • Hi,

Your point number 6 says that 7k calls a day inbound have a look in to this http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412754 which says that with one standard edition server 2 incoming concurrent calls per second if you have 8 FE servers then you will have 16 concurrent incoming calls per second. go with what Thamara said also there is one more solution from geomant.com software called contact expert.

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer. Salahuddin | Blogs:http://salahuddinkhatri.wordpress.com | MCITP Microsoft Lync

Freitag, 22. Juni 2012 23:03
  • Aspet also has a solution called Unified IP which provides all the capabilities of Aspect Contact plus many more.

Lync has no problem with supporting voice, IP and Presence for many thousands of enterprise users.   When coupling a contact center solution to it the issues become more related to volume and routing. 

Unified IP overcomes this by utilizing connectivity via the Mediation server to manage call control at all times.   This also brings best in class Call progression detection for outbound dialing a feature that does not exist within Lync.  As well as massive scalability to meet your needs

http://www.aspect.com/Pages/Products/Aspect-Products.aspx

Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012 14:55
  • We have a hosted/cloud based contact center for Microsoft Lync that is federated. We are experts when it comes to workforce integration for we service some of the largest outsourced call centers in the USA . Our reporting package is extremely robust along with the customized reports you require. Hosted/Cloud contact center for Lync is a great solution to minimize initial capital expense along with a extra layer of redundancy within our centers. The contact center can be completly managed by you or WorkSpace or a combination of both. WorkSpace also provides level-one Lync help-desk support for your end users. We believe in being an extension of your team with a common goal of superior service. Please email me at michael.curry@workspacecommunications.com and I will direct you towards the enterprise contact center department. 

Thanks,

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012 16:06
  • we switched from cisco ccx to lync response groups for our callcenter, which only has around 5 agents and maybe 80 calls a day.  To be honest most of the call center folks have had a hard time wrapping their head around the change from legacy pbx to computer based lync.  We are using the polycom handsets, but they still require the computer to be up and logged into lync, which is part of their problem.  I think they would have been happier had we gone with standalone phone style handsets.  Some of the issues they didnt like was no transfer button on phone, and the method of routing used (parallel) causing their phone to ring even if they are marked as on a call already. 

Based on your volume you would HAVE to go with a 3rd party solution, which may help overcome it, but there will be an ergonomics learning curve to deal with even if the features all match.

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012 19:56

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

Lync it self does not have the capability of having a contact center of such magnatude and features. also there is ASPECT Contact, but that also can go up to max 100 users.

There's a 3rd party built contact center solution called MAX ACD by Altigen which was recommended by Microsoft as a contact center sotution on top of Lync. it has all the featueres that you require and highly scalable and customizable. i'll sahare you the contact information if your interested.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012 05:33
  • Hi,

The Lync Server Response Group Service provides some capabilities what you want. More about Lync Server Response Group, please read this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd425277(v=office.13).aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012 07:57
  • Hi,

Your point number 6 says that 7k calls a day inbound have a look in to this http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412754 which says that with one standard edition server 2 incoming concurrent calls per second if you have 8 FE servers then you will have 16 concurrent incoming calls per second. go with what Thamara said also there is one more solution from geomant.com software called contact expert.

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer. Salahuddin | Blogs:http://salahuddinkhatri.wordpress.com | MCITP Microsoft Lync

Freitag, 22. Juni 2012 23:03
  • Aspet also has a solution called Unified IP which provides all the capabilities of Aspect Contact plus many more.

Lync has no problem with supporting voice, IP and Presence for many thousands of enterprise users.   When coupling a contact center solution to it the issues become more related to volume and routing. 

Unified IP overcomes this by utilizing connectivity via the Mediation server to manage call control at all times.   This also brings best in class Call progression detection for outbound dialing a feature that does not exist within Lync.  As well as massive scalability to meet your needs

http://www.aspect.com/Pages/Products/Aspect-Products.aspx

Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012 14:55
  • We have a hosted/cloud based contact center for Microsoft Lync that is federated. We are experts when it comes to workforce integration for we service some of the largest outsourced call centers in the USA . Our reporting package is extremely robust along with the customized reports you require. Hosted/Cloud contact center for Lync is a great solution to minimize initial capital expense along with a extra layer of redundancy within our centers. The contact center can be completly managed by you or WorkSpace or a combination of both. WorkSpace also provides level-one Lync help-desk support for your end users. We believe in being an extension of your team with a common goal of superior service. Please email me at michael.curry@workspacecommunications.com and I will direct you towards the enterprise contact center department. 

Thanks,

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012 16:06
  • we switched from cisco ccx to lync response groups for our callcenter, which only has around 5 agents and maybe 80 calls a day.  To be honest most of the call center folks have had a hard time wrapping their head around the change from legacy pbx to computer based lync.  We are using the polycom handsets, but they still require the computer to be up and logged into lync, which is part of their problem.  I think they would have been happier had we gone with standalone phone style handsets.  Some of the issues they didnt like was no transfer button on phone, and the method of routing used (parallel) causing their phone to ring even if they are marked as on a call already. 

Based on your volume you would HAVE to go with a 3rd party solution, which may help overcome it, but there will be an ergonomics learning curve to deal with even if the features all match.

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012 19:56