none
Lync Calls Fail from VPN Client to VPN Client Fail

Frage

• Hi,

I have successfully deployed my Lync server and calls,screen sharing,etc all work internally.

I have the server sitting behind an ASA5505 firewall and calls from a VPN client to Internal user also connects without issue.

The issue is when a VPN client attempts to call another VPN client, I get "Network Connection Error" messages. I suspect it could be a port forwarding or NAT issue on my firewall but I would like to get feedback on this.

Thanks!

Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2011 07:56

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

this should be the Firewall blocking the Higher port range that carry the RTP. Refer to below article regarding the ports that need to be opened 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398833.aspx

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2
    Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2011 08:34
  • It looks lik the VPN device cause this issue. You can check if the VPN device has firewall and filter functions.

With my experience, using VPN for lync external user always cause exceptional mistake. If still can not work, the lync edge server is recommended to deploy.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Montag, 26. Dezember 2011 06:56
  • Can you do a packet trace on the ASA and post results?
    Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2011 15:43
  • When one client opens a connection to another client it is peer to peer.  The question comes down to can they route to each other?  100% taking no credit, here is a link that might pertain to your situation.

http://www.shudnow.net/2010/12/06/lync-server-2010-port-ranges-and-audiomedia-negotiation/

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Jay Brummett Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012 11:26
    Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2012 17:31