none
OneNote 2010 corrupted cache file

Question

• I am getting an error that has been mentioned several times, but I am still unable to resolve it.  Soon after opening a notebook, I get the error "OneNote cannot access the notebook cache file. It may be corrupted. OneNote will restart and create a new cache file.  Error code: 0xE000138".

The only "fix" I have found is to delete the cache files, but this is not working.  I have also run the repair tool with Office 2010, but that did not help either.  Does anyone have any information or help on this issue?  Thanks!

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:16 PM

Answers

• Hi LNikon,

I'd like to know will this also happen to the new notebook?

Delete the cache file as before, and locate to the folder you save the notebooks, rename the folder and launch OneNote.

If this error won't occur, then there might be some corrupted section in your notebook. We might need to put the notebook to the seperated folder to find out which will cause the error.

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 19, 2011 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hi LNikon,

I'd like to know will this also happen to the new notebook?

Delete the cache file as before, and locate to the folder you save the notebooks, rename the folder and launch OneNote.

If this error won't occur, then there might be some corrupted section in your notebook. We might need to put the notebook to the seperated folder to find out which will cause the error.

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 19, 2011 9:36 AM
  • Office 2010 repair tool is quite effective for easy problems.

I don't know the cause your onenote file was corrupted, but you may repair it tool below

http://www.onenote.fixtoolbox.com

software restores onenote files after various issues like as malwares, hard drive failures and so on.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:32 PM
  • I get recurring corruption messages in one particular notebook that has many pages. I peeled off some of the pages hoping that would help, but perhaps not enough? Every time OneNote "repairs" the corruption, I have to go in and fix various issues. Is there any way to zero in on which page or file is causing the trouble so I can just eliminate it?

Monday, December 17, 2012 7:01 PM